The AFN Executive Director (ED) will be a seasoned professional who
conveys Nishmat’s vision and accomplishments with passion and commitment. The
position requires diverse skills characteristic of the head of a small nonprofit
organization: Management and Administration. Development and Communications.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Executive Committee and AFN Board
(to whom the ED reports) and will coordinate with Nishmat’s staff in Jerusalem.
Development and Communications include implementing fundraising strategies that
maintain and grow AFN’s donor base, especially individual giving, special events, and
direct marketing. AFN’s ED will guide the organization through this Covid-19 era, with
special attention to the changing marketplace and means of communication. Excellent
writing skills are valued, as are experience in public relations and social media. As
Manager and Administrator, the ED is responsible for budgets, finance and staff and for
staying on top of legal and financial requirements that maintain AFN among Charity
Navigator’s most cost-effective 4-Star charities.
You are a great candidate for this job if you:
• Are passionate about Nishmat’s message of advanced Torah learning, women’s
empowerment in Orthodox life, and Zionism.
• Relish combining your diverse skills in Development, Communications,
Management & Administration.
• Are experienced maintaining and growing charitable contributions.
• Have 6-10 years similar experience.
• Have a track record of institution building.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Are self-motivated.
• Consistently engage AFN’s volunteer leaders
• Develop good working relationship with Israeli colleagues
• Appreciate direct communication.
• Write and edit well.
• Are calm under pressure.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Commensurate with experience.
• Benefits package includes: Employee Health Insurance, Pre-tax Commuter
benefit and 403(b) retirement plan.