Development Director Job Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) is a 501(c)(4) organization that advocates for Jewish and Democratic values and supports elected officials and candidates who share such values.
JDCA seeks a full-time Development Director to lead its fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of JDCA’s senior staff, this professional must have an established background (a minimum of 3 years) in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding prospective donors, and coordinating a comprehensive fundraising strategy among existing and prospective donors. This role involves organizing and managing large-scale fundraising initiatives, working with board members, implementing an ambitious fundraising strategy, and building relationships with donors, board members, staff, and lay leadership. Applications will be accepted until Monday, December 28th.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities.
• Manage and track JDCA’s fundraising programs.
• Identify and steward prospective donors.
• Engage in one-on-one solicitations of donors and prospects.
• Manage fundraising staff and coordinate lay leadership.
• Use prospect research tools and JDCA’s donor database.
• Create solicitation materials for the fundraising team and for lay solicitors.
• Prepare reports for the Board of Directors.
• Travel, as needed, for fundraising.
• Preference given to candidates with successful record of writing grant proposals and working with foundation staff and principals to secure funding.
Experience and Qualifications
• A commitment to the work and objectives of JDCA.
• Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Time management and flexibility with job duties.
• Fundraising software and tools expertise.
• Creative, self-starter attitude.
• Organized and inspiring team leader.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Organized, dependable self-starter with a close attention to detail and accuracy.
• Flexible team player with the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, judgment, confidentiality and discretion.
• Efficient and comfortable in a deadline-driven environment.
• Bachelor’s degree and proven record of relevant fundraising experience and success.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience, with preference given to candidates with 5 or more years of fundraising achievements.
Such other duties and responsibilities relating to those listed above as may from time to time be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer. JDCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate.