GatherDC’s Administrative Coordinator will support our organization with essential administrative and development tasks, while infusing a strategic and relational approach into every aspect of our work.
This is an entry-level position. We are looking for an organized, enthusiastic individual who is excited to join an innovative, grassroots Jewish nonprofit organization. This position comes with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Rolling; if this ad is up, we’re hiring!
SALARY: $45k - $50k
LOCATION: Washington, DC (remote for time being)
Frequently cited statistics show that historical biases in hiring lead to less applications from women and underrepresented groups unless they have 100% of the qualifications. GatherDC is committed to removing bias in hiring; as such, we encourage you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications! We look forward to your application.
WHO WE ARE:
GatherDC is the central platform for post-college/pre-family Jewish life across the DC-area and is building one of the most dynamic and inclusive cities for millennial and Gen Z Jewish life. We strengthen the fabric of Jewish life throughout the DMV, facilitating innovative opportunities for meaningful and relevant Jewish learning and stewarding relationships to help Jews in their 20s and 30s connect to Jewish organizations and to each other. We work with the rich network of Jewish communal synagogues, JCCs, and institutions to help them best serve young Jewish adults, and we champion relationship-based engagement, understanding that a thriving Jewish ecosystem is only as strong as the relationships we build with individuals and with the wider community.
WHO YOU ARE:
The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Operations Director and Executive Director to ensure timely data entry and management, donor stewardship, and help keep our operational systems running smoothly. You will be an integral piece of stewarding, strengthening, and building upon existing donor relationships as you support our efforts in building up GatherDC’s development systems, and will be a key player in ensuring our day-to-day operations function efficiently to support connecting hundreds Jewish 20s and 30s across the DC-area to one another, to Jewish opportunities, and to a meaningful adult Jewish identity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Support fundraising and stewardship efforts 50%
- Work closely with the Executive Director to support fundraising efforts.
- Manage prospect and stewardship tasks, meetings, and information in our Salesforce database.
- Support timely gift acknowledgments and donor communications.
- Manage Salesforce development tasks, activities, and data.
- Run regular reports to keep GatherDC’s development efforts on-track.
- Maintain organized report library in Salesforce.
- Conduct grant research to identify new opportunities to support our work.
- Identify ways to streamline and improve upon our development tracking systems.
- Help maintain the Executive Director’s calendar to support development efforts.
General administrative support 20%
- Screen incoming calls and emails, take messages, and coordinate prompt responses with staff.
- Execute office and team tasks as needed (e.g. logistical support for events, database input, record keeping, ordering marketing materials, sending life cycle gifts to community members, etc).
- Coordinate advertising and space rental requests.
Help maintain financial health of GatherDC 15%
- Assist the Operations Director with monthly financial reconciliations.
- Run regular reports to assist in receivables collections.
- Generate and process advertising and space rental invoices.
- Perform basic Quickbooks entry and upkeep as needed.
- Keep Salesforce up-to-date with all incoming grants and receivables.
- Ensure timely deposits of all incoming checks and payments.
General office maintenance 15%
- Maintain our office space, ensuring that the townhouse has what it needs for staff to work effectively.
- Handle the purchase and maintenance of all general office supplies.
- Resolve administrative workflow problems by identifying bottlenecks and communicating solutions.
You have 1 to 3 years of professional experience.
You have Salesforce (or equivalent CRM) proficiency.
You’re self-motivated, working equally well independently as well as part of a team.
You’re comfortable working with senior management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You’re excellent with time management. You can easily prioritize competing projects and priorities, and know what systems you need in place to effectively multitask and finish assigned projects by or before deadlines are due.
You’re detail-oriented. You are thorough, accurate, and organized, and things rarely fall through the cracks. You’re able to see all pieces of the puzzle, and are not afraid to ask follow-up questions to get to the root of a problem.
You exercise sound judgment and are able to think critically. You can identify and process the individual elements of a task, issue, or challenge in order to develop the best possible solution or path forward. You consider the various different perspectives when solving problems.
You’re adaptable. You’re an eager learner and are comfortable sitting with ambiguity as you work through a problem - but are not afraid to ask for guidance when you get stuck. You don’t mind putting on different hats to help move the team and the work forward, and are able to adjust to changing circumstances with a positive attitude and willingness to dive in.
PLEASE DON’T APPLY IF:
You don’t like making new friends.
You hate change.
You aren’t awesome.
BENEFITS & SALARY:
- We offer a competitive salary ranging from $45,000 - $50,000, commensurate with experience.
- We are fully set up for remote work to accommodate Covid-19 safety and concerns; when it’s safe to do so, we are excited to have you join us full-time at the GatherDC townhouse in Dupont Circle.
- We provide amazing benefits, including robust employer-sponsored healthcare options, generous discretionary and sick leave, retirement matching, an annual professional development stipend, and more.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish organizations. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx*******************e’re waiting for you!