Marlboro Jewish Center (MJC), a central NJ Conservative synagogue in Western Monmouth County, is looking for a warm, knowledgeable, well-organized, self motivated, computer savvy Education Director for our Hebrew School.
Our goal is to maximize the engagement of students and their families in high quality Jewish learning experiences from early childhood through adolescence, planting the seeds for a commitment to life-long learning, to Jewish values, and to the practice of Conservative Judaism.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a passionate educator to act as the leader of our Hebrew School which enrolls 175 children in grades K-12 and employs 15 - 20 staff members. This person must have a love of teaching and learning with a thorough grasp of best educational practices and a familiarity with the Marlboro Conservative Jewish community.
The ideal candidate is an effective administrator, organizer, planner, thinker, educator, communicator and community-building leader. The Education Director will develop the learning strategy by implementing and monitoring the school curriculum. This position will provide strategic vision and strategies for current and future growth by suggesting changes or improvements to current plans, policies and procedures. The Director will lead, inspire and motivate the department staff, and serve as a Jewish role model. They must have the ability to do strategic
thinking, have a willingness to prioritize and delegate, and be a committed decision maker who is able to work collaboratively with other MJC leaders and arms. They must communicate clearly and passionately with students, parents, teachers, school community, and synagogue leadership. The Education Director is an important member of the senior professional staff working in close partnership with the Rabbi,
Cantor, and Preschool, Youth and Executive Directors.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A track record of innovation and positive change in the education environment
• A thorough understanding of Conserva7ve Judaism and the Marlboro Jewish Community
• A working knowledge of Hebrew
• Experience in creating, delivering and overseeing engaging and meaningful Judaic curriculum
• Ability to coordinate holiday events, extracurricular activities and enhanced Shabbat-related
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with both in person classroom teaching and virtual learning platforms
• Experience in education administration, including budgeting, human resource management and
• At least 3 years of managerial or supervisory experience
• A degree in Jewish education or a similar field is beneficial
• Strong Microsoft Office/computer skills preferred