Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is the largest and most vibrant congregation in our area. Throughout our history we have sought to create a spirit of warmth, intimacy and vitality in all that we are and do, maintaining a culture of upstanding work ethic and dedicated staff members. We strive to build a sense of community and improve the world around us. We are growing and are excited to add team members like you to join our team.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced Clergy Senior Associate to join our dynamic team. The Clergy Senior Associate is responsible for coordinating and implementing a wide range of administrative, communication, and logistical services in support of the work of the Senior Rabbi and the organization. This individual will own, manage and act on the Senior Rabbi’s behalf in making decisions about the Senior Rabbi’s schedule and will serve as a professional resource to the clergy administrative staff when conceptualizing, planning and implementing initiatives.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide complete executive level assistance and administrative support to the Senior Rabbi including calendar management, correspondence, phone calls, filing, travel planning and itineraries, research, preparing reports and presentations, and event coordination.
• Support Religious Activities by managing preparation of bima honors and logistics for High Holy Days, Shabbat, Bar/Bat Mitzvah and holy days.
• Support programming and production of programming materials for which the Senior Rabbi is responsible.
• Organize files and digitization of program materials.
• Assist in preparation of membership welcome correspondence, development correspondence, etc.
• Use computer software to process and code vendor invoices, payments, and expense reports.
• Help to manage the Rabbis’ Discretionary Fund, including gifts to charitable endeavors and payments for those with emergent needs.
• Be responsible for support in program budget preparation and program logistical organization and support.
• Complete work on special projects as directed by the Senior Rabbi.
• Manage office processes for Clergy office and Clergy team.
• Maintain relationships with key community partners and congregational members.
• Manage intake of emergent congregant needs, including illness, loss and other personal emergencies.
• Help to support virtual events and meetings through Zoom.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Rabbi.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
• Excellent calendar management skills;
• Excellent problem solving, and attention to detail and strong interpersonal relationship skills;
• Outstanding people skills – ability to work with people in crisis and highly emotional contexts;
• Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and with a team;
• Approachable with the ability to maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization;
• Very strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to utilize software and work with databases required;
• Knowledge of the Jewish community, Jewish customs and rituals and synagogue life;
• Ability to project a pastoral, caring presence;
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy;
• Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs;
• Ability to maintain composure and exercise good judgment even under extreme pressure;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
• Ability to work occasionally on nights and weekends is a requirement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• B.A. degree or master’s degree;
• 5+ year experience supporting at the executive level;
• Experience working with the public via telephone and email;
Ability to read and interpret documents such data reports, documents such as registrations, letters, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with members or employees of organization. Strong service-related people skills and problem solving skills as this position is generally the first contact and has significant responsibility in representing the Temple. Hebrew letter/word identification require.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, copiers, and scanners.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. This role must endure extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position is sometimes faced with interruptions and must interact with other staff on a regular basis.
This position is exempt, full-time (40 hours per week) located on our Schaefer Family Campus in Boca Raton, Florida. All candidates must pass the required Level II criminal background screening and a drug test, in order to be considered for this position. Salary is commensurate with relevant work experience.
Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not take into consideration the race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, (or any other protected class) of any applicant for this position. For more information about our organization, please visit www.tbeboca.org