Location: Flexible, U.S.
About JPRO Network
JPRO Network is the organization of, by, and for the professionals who power Jewish organizations across the U.S. and Canada. JPRO offers opportunities for professional growth, network building, and career development and builds the field through convenings, advocacy, and by developing our collective knowledge base. With a history that traces to 1899, JPRO is celebrating its recent trajectory of reinvention and growth. Since 2016, JPRO has grown from 95 affiliated organizations to over 300 and has piloted several new programs to meet the needs of early- and mid-career professionals. Our conference, JPRO19: What Connects Us, took place August 12-14, 2019 in Detroit and was attended by over 580 professionals from our community. Learn more about our mission, vision, and values at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
About the Position
The Operations Associate will support all areas of JPRO’s work with an emphasis on program operations, affiliate management, data, and administration, enabling JPRO to serve individuals and the field at the highest level. As JPRO Network’s fifth full-time employee, the Operations Associate will support the organization’s day-to-day operations and be an integral member of our highly collaborative team. This ambitious, detail-oriented professional will be passionate about contributing to smart systems and running processes with accuracy over time. They will assist with administering programs, using NeonCRM, and project management. The Operations Associate will report to the Operations and Engagement Manager and will also work closely with JPRO’s program team.
Be our Data Dynamo
• Maintain accurate records of affiliates, members, and event participants in our database, NeonCRM
• Create event registration forms and maintain associated event data
• Support our data management efforts to inform measurement, evaluation, and reporting
Make Our Programs Run Like Clockwork
• Manage the registration and backend logistics for programs, from planning to post-program follow up
• Communicate with excellence to support program registrants and inquiries
• Maintain daily workflow of CareerHub, JPRO’s job board and talent network platform
Bring Excellence to our Work with Affiliates and Stakeholders
• Support the new affiliate onboarding process, maintaining timely and consistent execution of deliverables
• Build relationships with liaisons at select affiliated organizations; assist with strategies to get liaisons invested in JPRO’s work and active in promoting opportunities to their colleagues
• Support the administration of annual dues collection
• Monitor email inquiries, ensuring timely, helpful responses
• Project manage the planning for JPRO Board meetings and support administration of JPRO’s governance work
Tackle Occasional Event Management
• Manage logistics for in-person and remote board meetings
• Support the planning and delivery of JPRO’s biggest event, the JPRO conference, next taking place in 2022.
• As a highly collaborative organization with a nimble and entrepreneurial culture, all staff members take on a range of projects and responsibilities
• This position includes occasional travel, likely to be between three and five trips per year, to attend conferences, to staff the JPRO conference, and to attend staff and Board meetings
• Two years of relevant, full-time work experience
• Successful track record of operating systems with accuracy, timeliness, and consistency
• Prior excellence in “customer service” provision to internal and/or external stakeholders
• Past responsibility for working independently, with engagement from supervisor multiple times per week, but not necessarily daily
• Knowledge of the landscape of Jewish organizations and Jewish life in the U.S. and Canada or demonstrated ability to build this knowledge quickly and with relative ease
Skills and Qualities
• Exemplary attention to detail and the patience, focus, and consistency to maintain accuracy when processes become routine
• Excellent initiative; sees beyond the immediate to intuit what might need doing and keeping future needs in mind
• Time-management whiz with an organized system to ensure accountability and follow-through
• Ability to understand and communicate how they will succeed as part of an all-remote team
• At ease with and enjoys working with professionals from all generations
• Comfort with rapid change and start-up environments
• Can-do attitude
• Sense of humor and playfulness
• Strong commitment to JPRO’s mission, vision, and values
• Brings joy and gratitude to the work we are privileged to do
Salary and Benefits: Salary range of $45-50K (depending on experience and cost of living); health insurance stipend of $10K/year; retirement contribution; paid time off and parental leave; work culture that pairs high expectations and accountability with significant flexibility; allowance for home office setup; significant investment in professional development.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and *************ons Associate. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged within two business days.
Video Introduction (1-2 minutes in length): What professional superpower will you bring to JPRO and what professional superpower do you hope to gain from serving as our Operations Associate? We know that you already have many superpowers and will gain many more in this role. Please choose one specific answer for both prompts. Video submissions should be sent as a URL/link (to Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo or similar).
JPRO Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals. JPRO believes that a diverse staff team is necessary to carry out our mission and strongly encourages individuals from groups underrepresented in the Jewish professional world to apply.
To increase equity in hiring and mitigate the inside edge often given to those with close relationships with “field insiders,” JPRO prefers not to receive informal referrals from individuals with personal connections to JPRO and cannot factor such referrals into selection of candidates for interviews. Also to maintain an equitable process, responses to all questions about the position will be answered in this FAQ document (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx Prospective applicants are encouraged *************ons Associate FAQ. Responses will be posted within two business days.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.