Congregation Beth Shalom, an established 200+ member Conservative Synagogue in Clearwater, Florida, is seeking an Administrator. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, facilities, and administration. We are looking for a strong leader with good communication and time management skills.
The Administrator reports to the President of the Board of Trustees and works in close collaboration with the Rabbi and our Board to assure our organization effectively provides for the collective needs of the congregation. The Administrator oversees the implementation of a well-designed communications strategy and ensures the synagogue culture reflects warmth, welcoming and respect for all aspects of synagogue life.
Operationally, the Administrator will manage day to day operations, responsible for the supervision of administrative, office and building maintenance personnel and will help to oversee our financial systems, development and budgeting. From a programming perspective the Administrator will provide support and assist with development and management of fundraising, provide services and outreach to prospective and current members, support programs and volunteer activities, oversee marketing, communications and community relations.
Required Education and Background:
• Experience in accounting and financial reporting, billing, collections, purchasing, expense control, cash management and analysis, contract negotiations, budgeting and investments.
• Strong people management skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with business professionals such as banking, legal counsel and insurance experts.
• Participate in monthly executive committee and board meetings and staff meetings. In addition, act as the staff liaison for various other standing committees.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, oral, writing, and organizational skills, able to handle multiple assignments.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer including Word, Publisher, Excel, QuickBooks, database management, internet, and e-mail. Knowledge of ShulCloud is desired.
• Strategic and creative thinker, planner, and self-starter.
• Strong understanding of Jewish rituals, customs, holidays and congregational relationships. Flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
• Five or more years’ experience, preferably in a nonprofit.