POSITION TITLE: PHILANTHROPY ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO DIRECTOR OF PHILANTHROPY
STATUS / HOURS: FULL TIME (-EXEMPT)
• Organize philanthropy department. Assist philanthropy director in all aspects as needed.
• Stewardship of new and current donors.
• Maintain agency donor database and track all donations.
• Research capabilities for potential donors.
• Research potential grants from foundations and government agencies.
• Develop and implement social media fundraising campaigns.
• Ensure philanthropy webpages and donor wall are up to date.
• Knowledge of CCC (internal accounting software). Enters and maintains data in CCC for Philanthropy Director. (can learn)
• Organize logistics for special events, including attendance lists; ordering food; follow-up communications/telephone calls; mailing invitations; maintaining RSVP lists; attending events; marketing the event(s).
• Schedule appointments.
• Understand the importance, timeliness and purpose for fundraising.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Attend meetings and take minutes / send minutes to the committee members.
• Excellent appearance (proper office dress at all times).
• Support work for each fundraising event.
• To be available as needed to execute other administrative tasks in absence of another administrative assistants.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Excellent social media skills
• Excellent technology skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
• College graduate