Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is the largest and most vibrant congregation in our area. Throughout our history we have sought to create a spirit of warmth, intimacy and vitality in all that we are and do, maintaining a culture of upstanding work ethic and dedicated staff members. We strive to build a sense of community and improve the world around us. We are growing and are excited to add team members like you to join our team.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced Accounting Manager to join our dynamic team. The Accounting Manager performs a wide variety of accounting duties to support Temple Beth El including general ledger management; preparation of internal and audited financial statements; account reconciliations; management of departmental and organizational budgets; year-end audit preparation and a variety of other duties.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet accounting financial objectives by ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger.
• Work with the Director of Finance and other directors in the preparation of the annual budget.
• Prepare Temple-wide monthly financial reports, as well as departmental reports. Analyze material variances at the organization and department levels and work closely with the Director of Finance and department directors to determine the necessary course of action, if any, to those variances.
• Coordinates the collection, evaluation and consolidation of financial data, including the transfer of data from the Temple’s Membership Management System and other cloud-based systems used by the Temple.
• Manage the Temple’s chart of accounts to ensure that an appropriate structure is in place for the efficient flow, segregation and reporting of information.
• Manage the month-end and year-end close process including the preparation and entry of detailed journal entries into the general ledger.
• Ensure consistency of account treatment and transaction classifications.
• Comply with any applicable government reporting requirement.
• Account analyses and associated reports as deemed necessary and/or requested.
• Management of and reporting on the Temple’s multiple auxiliary organizations.
• Reconcile all bank and investment accounts monthly and investigate discrepancies.
• Play a lead role in the preparation for and management of the annual financial statement audit.
• Manage and monitor stock donations, including preparation of donation letters.
• Manage the Temple’s Endowment Fund, including adding or removing named funds, and ensuring compliance with FUPMIFA.
• Participate in Investment and Finance Committee meetings and record minutes.
• On a substitution basis, assists with the recording of accounts receivable, payment processing, cash deposits, and accounts payable functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Advanced ability to analyze financial data and provide related recommendations;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail;
• Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and with a team;
• Approachable with the ability to maintain positive relationships at all levels of the organization;
• Strong computer skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel;
• Strong command of G.A.A.P.;
• Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and consistently meet critical deadlines;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and;
• Ability to work occasionally on nights and weekends is a requirement;
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in finance or accounting or a similar discipline;
• 5+ years' experience in financial reporting/general ledger area;
• Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks; and at least five years of CRM software experience;
• CPA is preferred;
• Non-profit experience is preferred;
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. This role must endure extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. This position is sometimes faced with interruptions and must interact with other staff on a regular basis.
This position is exempt, full-time (40 hours per week) located on our Schaefer Family Campus in Boca Raton, Florida. All candidates must pass the required Level II criminal background screening and a drug test, in order to be considered for this position. Salary is commensurate with relevant work experience.
WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM MEMBERS BY OFFERING:
• Highly competitive Wages
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Holiday Paid
• Employee Discounts
Temple Beth El of Boca Raton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not take into consideration the race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, (or any other protected class) of any applicant for this position. For more information about our organization, please visit www.tbeboca.org.