American Society of the University of Haifa (ASUH) seeks an exceptional, results oriented development professional to be its Western Region Director. Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Director will raise funds from an established group of mostly California supporters, as well as expand the donor base in California and throughout the Western Region. The Regional Director will focus on major gifts by identifying, managing and implementing solicitation plans for a portfolio of high net worth individuals. The successful candidate is a dynamic and accomplished fundraising professional with five to seven years of experience in major gift fundraising or similar roles and is someone who can work effectively and collaboratively with ASUH team members across the US and University of Haifa staff in Israel and globally. The Regional Director must understand and be committed to ASUH and University of Haifa’s mission of developing, sustaining and securing Israel through education.
• Develop and implement short and long-term development strategies to support ASUH’s mission and fundraising goals
• Build strong relationships with University of Haifa supporters and prospective supporters who are located in the Western Region
• Manage a portfolio of ~150 donors and prospects
• Facilitate each step of the moves management process including: identification, qualification and research; cultivation; solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects
• Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials to renew and upgrade donor gifts
• Expand ASUH’s presence in Los Angeles, San Francisco, other parts of California and the Western Region by working with the ASUH Marketing/Communications staff to publicize news and events, represent ASUH and UH at regional events and gatherings, etc.
• Work closely with the national team on fundraising strategy, materials and events
• Maintain donor engagement information and cultivation plans through ASUH’s donor database (Salesforce)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Five to seven years of fundraising success including direct solicitation and securing major gifts or of related professional work
• Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing a fundraising or related plan
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; self-confident and articulate; motivated self-starter
• Experience working with volunteers
• Ability to focus on big picture while implementing details of a plan on a day to day basis
• Computer literacy; experience with donor management database systems; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
• Knowledge of Israel’s philanthropic supporters, Jewish, Arab philanthropic community leaders and/or university philanthropy is preferred
ASUH cultivates relationships, secures financial support, and serves as the vital connection between University of Haifa and its friends, supporters, alumni and partners in the United States. The University is about to enter a period of tremendous growth that will have significant impact on the entire State of Israel. ASUH is a critical part of that growth. The Western Region Director has a unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping an internationally influential University.