Are you a highly motivated, self-starter who is prepared to assist our Vice President of Finance & Operations and Chief Executive Officer to propel Hillels of Georgia to new heights of success and achievement?
Hillels of Georgia, representing more than 5,000 Jewish students on two dozen campuses across the State of Georgia, is seeking a Finance & Operations Manager reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
The successful candidate must be a creative and personable professional who is capable of keeping pace with high energy and results oriented executives; and who enjoys working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial nonprofit organization. We seek a Manager who is mission driven, committed to excellence and a problem solver who is results and community oriented.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills as well as the ability to maintain balance among multiple tasks and priorities. The Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, while seeking support of supervisors and other members of our professional staff team; and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assist senior agency management with overall financial and operational management of the agency.
- Serve as agency’s bookkeeper and assist with accounting, budgeting and finances including processing invoices, accounts receivable/payable, bank and credit card transactions, expense reports and reimbursements.
- Prepare and administer payroll through agency’s online platform.
- Assist new staff with employment paperwork for payroll and benefits; and orientation and on-boarding of new employees to agency.
- Assist with building maintenance and facilities management including logistical arrangements for meetings and events.
- Schedule appointments, maintain calendars, and coordinate staff meetings.
- Coordinate bookings and reservations for outside use of facilities.
- Process and distribute mail and email communications.
- Prepare memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence pertaining to operations and finance of agency.
- Prepare development correspondence such as donation, pledge, payment acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Answer phones and greet visitors.
- Purchase and monitor office supplies.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a bookkeeper preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Google Suite and accounting software; Constant Contact; as well as Zoom and other online conferencing platforms.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment, multi-task and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with supervisors, professional colleagues, volunteer leadership, students and the public on a regular basis.
- Good organizational, time and project management skills.
This is a full-time position. Compensation commensurate with experience; $35,000-$45,000/year. Hillels of Georgia offers a competitive employee benefits program. Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, 3 references, salary history and compensation requirements to:
Wayne Keil, Vice President of Operations
Hillels of Georgia
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of Georgia is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.