Join our team as we create and support a collaborative, vibrant, and engaged Jewish community.
Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo (JFGT) is the central address for Jewish philanthropy, community programming, and services for the Jewish community of northwest Ohio and parts of Southeast Michigan. We are guided by the core values of Judaism. We provide programs and services to enhance the health, welfare, education, and cultural awareness of the entire Jewish community and Israel.
JFGT includes a successful Foundation and annual campaign, a Jewish Family and Social Services organization, an active and engaged Jewish Community Relations Council, a five-star preschool program, an active Next Jewish Generation program, Hillels at two regional universities, and the Jewish Living Center that provides programs for community members age 60 and better.
The Marketing, Social Media, and Communications Manager (MSCM) is a full-time, non-exempt employee of the Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo (JFGT). The MSCM, in coordination with the JFGT Executive Director, JFGT Creative Director and the Editor of the Toledo Jewish News (TJN), will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing, social media and communications strategy that furthers the JFGT’s and its divisions’ brand awareness, and increases engagement and philanthropic support among their various constituencies. The MSCM will work closely with JFGT Directors to develop, promote, measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing, social media and communications efforts by JFGT, Toledo Jewish Community Foundation, the Jewish Living Center, Jewish Family Service, Gan Yeladim Preschool, Next Jewish Generation, PJ Library and the Toledo Jewish Community Cemetery Association to improve engagement, understanding and support of JFGT’s mission and efforts.
Marketing and Social Media
Create and maintain a consistent and recognizable JFGT digital social media presence by disseminating JFGT communications, information and marketing to the public through social media, email, JFGT website and all electronic media.
• Assist in planning and executing all website, email, social media and display campaigns
• Assist JFGT division directors in maintaining Facebook pages, websites and all other social media channels
• Adhere to JFGT policies with regard to all media communications
• Provide copy, create and assist in creating media releases
• Measure and report on performance of all digital marketing efforts to the JFGT Executive Director and division directors
• Prepare written materials (e.g. articles for website, posts for social media, scripting for video narration, copy for JFGT weekly e-newsletter and TJN, etc) that helps to build engagement and understanding
• Communicate with staff regarding needed materials for digital media projects
• Attend JFGT events, capture content and produce digital content for promotional purposes
• Develop and streamline processes that assist directors in delivering social media content
• Evaluate, recommend and institute best practices in digital applications
Assist in training staff on appropriate usage of social media
Assist with developing appropriate marketing budgets across JFGT and its divisions
Toledo Jewish News (TJN),
(as assigned by TJN Editor)
• Take photographs and write articles for a range of community and age-specific programs and events
• Interview article subjects for publication
• Provide copy, create and assist in creating press releases, simcha announcements
• Assist in editing content, grammar, proofing, etc.
• Communicate with staff regarding needed materials for the newspaper and other JFGT publications
• Design content for publications, as needed
Other Functions – (as assigned)
• Research and evaluate emerging technology for the purpose of being knowledgeable on developments in the industry and identifying trends
• Respond to inquiries of staff and the public for the purpose of providing information and/or direction. Maintain excellent relations with community members and staff
• Assist with operation of audio/visual equipment for program events, committee meetings, etc., as needed. Transport a variety of equipment and supplies (e.g. cameras, microphones, video projectors, screens, laptop computers, surge protectors, cables, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required to complete assignments
• Maintain workflow in a timely manner meeting deadlines
• Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of marketing, social media and communication efforts and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the JFGT Executive Director and the JFGT Creative Director and TJN Editor
A minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education in journalism, communications, marketing or related field. Three or more years of proven working experience in digital marketing, social media and communications. Excellent written, verbal skills, and demonstrable experience leading and managing bulk email communications, social media and/or marketing campaigns. Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate. Knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends); knowledge of Adobe products (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, etc.). Experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns; strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing, social media and measurement. Great critical thinker, excellent time management skills. Positive “go get it and get it done” attitude. Self-starter with ability to complete tasks without prompting and supervision. Knowledge of Jewish community with understanding, appreciation and passion for the JFGT mission. Knowledge of Jewish heritage, values, traditions and culture. Willingness to work evenings, weekends (not on Sabbath except in emergent situations) and holidays as required.
The MSCM directly reports to the JFGT Creative Director and TJN Editor. The MSCM will also work closely with the JFGT Executive Director to coordinate development, promotion, measurement and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing, social media and communication efforts by the MSCM and JFGT division directors.
Benefits: paid vacation, sick leave, bereavement leave, medical, dental (available), 401K plan after one year with an employer contribution, life and disability insurance, JCC/YMCA family membership