The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is seeking Director of Young Adult Engagement and Community Collaboration. This Director position is a full time, exempt position reporting to the Senior Director of Development and will manage a staff team.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human welfare services.
The Director is a visionary thinker who will work on the cutting-edge of increasing young adult engagement within Jewish Pittsburgh. This role will lead others to create innovative outreach and engagement programs. The Director will cultivate collaboration among Jewish organizations in Pittsburgh to create spaces for young adults to connect to their Judaism and the Jewish community on their own terms.
The Director will develop a program which will become a one-stop resource that links young adults and their families, where applicable, with opportunities to connect Jewishly in Pittsburgh. Young adult engagement has been identified as a key priority for the community and the Federation. The Director, Young Adult Engagement and Community Collaboration is uniquely positioned to reimagine and innovate young adult outreach and engagement in Jewish Pittsburgh.
• Execute programs and community collaboration toward increased Young Adult Engagement.
• Manage, coach and lead staff on the young adult staff team.
• Develop partnerships with community leaders to reduce overlap and fill gaps in program offerings to Young Adults.
• Leads by example and can inspire a team of passionate young professionals and volunteers.
• Creates concrete benchmarks for growth, with measurable outcomes and metrics.
• Develops deep and trusting relationships with the professional and volunteer leaders of the Jewish and general community institutions focused on young adult outreach and engagement.
• Cultivates high level leadership opportunities for young adults through new structures and programs that will benefit both their volunteer and professional work.
• Collaborates with key community leaders to identify gaps in and duplication of services and to identify ways to streamline and improve young adult program offerings in the community.
• Leads the Young Adult Division program and staff.
• Manages special projects as requested.
• Develops, distributes and manages the work of departmental staff.
• Provide regular coaching and feedback to staff.
• Works with staff to develop yearly performance goals.
• Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
Required Skills and Abilities
• Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices.
• Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with a wide variety of staff and personalities.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Outstanding relationship building skills.
• Strong critical and visionary thinker.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Enthusiastic attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, but also integrate and lead teams.
• Goal driven leader who maintains productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches colleagues to meet high performance standards.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, volunteers, and community members.
• Effective organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
• PA child protection certifications will be required.
• Valid driver's license.
This role requires frequent travel by automobile with the availability for additional hours including nights and weekends at organization sponsored events.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required an advanced degree preferred or equivalent professional experience.
• Minimum of five years of experience in leadership or entrepreneurial roles in private, corporate or nonprofit sector.
• Experience working with operational and strategic plans, goal setting and measurement.
• Previous success working with young adults (ages 22-45) is a plus.
• At least 2-3 years of success leading teams is required.
• Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
• Sitting at a desk/workstation completing working at a computer for extended periods may be required.
• May be required to lift 5-15 pounds at times.
Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt and offers a competitive benefits package.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter, resume and compens**********************o Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
The Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employment and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any genetic information.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.