The Associate Director of Institutional Advancement is responsible for the strategic development, growth, and operations of the annual campaign in coordination with the Director of Institutional Advancement. This person will serve as the project manager for critical campaign operations and provide direction for the campaign’s annual growth. The Associate Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for implementing efforts that will grow Hadar’s donor base and in return, raise more money for the annual campaign. This position will report to the Director of Institutional Advancement and will work in partnership with the organization’s leadership. This position will be based in NY.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Direct Hadar’s annual campaign to meet fundraising goals and increase revenue over the next 3 years. This includes: cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of prospects and small to mid-range donors through in-person, direct mail, e-communications and phone calls; overseeing preparation and production of all mail and internet-based solicitation materials; and managing a detailed campaign calendar taking capital and endowment campaign considerations, sponsorship opportunities and other appeals into account.
- Execute best data practices for donor information, both inputting data and exporting data for regular reporting and tracking.
- Opportunities to:
- Work directly with Hadar Board as a liaison and project manager on board related activities
- Develop donor prospect research techniques and prospect management and reporting system within Hadar’s CRM
- Draft funding proposals
- Collaborate with Hadar’s Program, Engagement, Communications and Content Teams to ensure campaign messaging is present in all areas of the organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics
- Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a welcoming and professional demeanor both in person and by phone
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including prior background in developing presentations and preparing donor-related correspondence
- Enthusiastic, knowledge hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly adapt
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, roll up sleeves and be an executor
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change. Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
- Knowledge of best fundraising and development practices
- Commitment to working with others to strengthen the Jewish community
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture and practices
- Passion for the mission of Hadar and Jewish education and community
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant nonprofit function.
- Excellent PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel PowerPoint & Outlook). Prior experience with SalesForce strongly preferred.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed including weeknights and Sundays that involve organizational events and meetings. Ability to travel to board and staff retreats several times each year.
The Hadar Institute offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision Care Benefits, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, and much more.
Paid Holidays, both Jewish and legal
Paid Personal Time
Paid Sick Time
Leaves of Absence
The salary range for this position is from $60,000 - $70,000.