Seeking experienced bookkeeper and office administrator with hard skills such as mastery of accounting practices and tools as well as soft skills such as precision, organization, ability to multi-task, as well as good people, written and verbal communication skills.
In this job you will also be required to perform general office administrative tasks such as filing, procuring supplies, preparing reports and correspondence, and maintaining various licenses and subscriptions to run the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR BOOKKEEPER
• Full cycle accounting duties.
• Prepare and review financial statements including income statement, balance sheet, Cash Flow, Trial Balance, and GL, and any other relevant reporting.
• Make journal entries including A/R, A/P, Cash etc. in QUICKBOOKS ONLINE - ADVANCED VERSION
• Syncing and adjusting journal entries with membership database in SHULCLOUD (Synagogue Management Software)
• Categorize business and individual expenses for tax deduction purposes.
• Input/download bank transactions and credit card charges in QUICKBOOKS ONLINE – ADVANCED VERSION to produce regular and ad-hoc reports for the board and administration team
• Reconcile bank and credit card statements:
• Prepare and make deposits
• Run payroll, prepare quarterly and year end payroll reports, and pay payroll taxes.
• Pay bills.
• Send out billing statements.
• Download and allocate bank transactions.
• Enter credit card receipts.
• Prepare workers compensation annual reconciliations.
Other Admin Responsibilities – all of the following are required
• Prepare regular as well as end of year donation receipts and letters.
• Maintain all Business Licenses.
• Filing and ordering supplies.
• Prepare and execute all donation recognition correspondence.
• Prepare and file form 1099-Misc.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR BOOKKEEPER – all of the following are required
• 5+ years of experience in a bookkeeping role
• 3+ years recent experience in QUICKBOOKS ONLINE ADVANCED VERSION
• Certified Bookkeeper designation
• Associate degree in Accounting or related field (preferred)
• Experience working in or with non-profit organizations (preferred)
• Proficient with Excel
• Experience with financial statements and tax returns
• Must be comfortable meeting tight deadlines
• Must have great attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to multitask
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills, working independently and as part of a team
• Help to maintain a positive work environment