The ED has primary responsibility for running and managing the day-to-day operations, creating a clear and compelling vision for growing ISRAEL21c’s total fundraising and impact and effectively implementing that vision. S/he will work with the leadership, staff and supporters to: 1) grow financial resources; 2) expand the Board; and 3) continue to expand ISRAEL21c’s content dissemination and impact.
The candidate should have outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with the professional team, donors and board members, as well as the communications or marketing skills to increase the impact of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Creating and executing an organizational and financial resource development plan.
• Working with ISRAEL21c’s team to build the presence, name recognition and content dissemination.
• Managing implementation of strategic plans.
• Providing an effective bridge between Israel and the US and fostering two-way information flow.
• Seeking monetization opportunities to create a revenue stream for the website, newsletter and social media channels.
• Developing and overseeing the annual budget.
• Timely and regular reporting to the Board of fundraising progress and expenditures vs budget.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
• Donor development and retention of donors.
• Implementation of a new donor management system including expanding existing records and recording institutional memory.
• Expanding foundation support, as well as working with existing foundation funders.
• Develop and foster the engagement and success of the Board.
• Developing and leading execution of an annual development plan, ensuring the organization meets its annual revenue goals.
• Developing and improving donor recognition.
Other duties and special projects may be assigned by the President.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The ED will supervise ISRAEL21c staff, as well as have overall
responsibility for managing consultant and contractor relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required, with preference given to professionals with experience or advanced education in philanthropy, communications, non-profit management and Jewish communal studies.
A minimum of 10 years of work experience.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and donor stewardship skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and collaboratively manage a professional team.
• Experience or understanding of major social media platforms.
• Knowledge of the US Jewish community and Israel-focused organizations and foundations.
• Proven success with building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and major donors.
• Familiarity with Israeli culture, society, business and technology.
Salary and benefits negotiable, commensurate with skills and experience.
ISRAEL21c is an Equal Opportunity Employer and adheres to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation,
non-disqualifying disability or veteran status.