Join our Northeast regional development team at American Friends of The Hebrew University (AFHU), a national, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to support Hebrew University of Jerusalem, one of the world’s most distinguished academic and research institutions. Since its inception, Hebrew University’s scientists, scholars and researchers are committed to solving the most pressing global challenges of our time.
About the Opportunity
The Development Coordinator will report to the Executive Director of the Northeast Region and will be an integral part of the development team and help to maintain communications with Israel and member of the national staff. They will work in collaboration with Executive Director on all many of fundraising, donor management, and fundraising events. The Northeast team supports AFHU’s and Hebrew University’s mission to make possible advancements in fields such as nano-technology, computational medicine, and neuroscience research.
The Development Coordinator roles offers a unique opportunity for a driven professional who is interested supporting a mission driven non-profit organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, superb organizational skills, and the ability to analyze and synthesize data to support this region’s fundraising efforts.
Working in collaboration with Regional Executive Director and 4 other Development professionals on an $11 million campaign for Israel’s preeminent university on all aspects of fundraising, campaign planning, cultivation and events
• Work with a dynamic regional team – on many aspects of development work
• Conduct research on donors and foundations to assist in the cultivation of new relationships and prepare for meetings and/or presentations
• Support all communications coming from the Executive Director – including donor stewardship letters and emails to promote fundraising initiatives
• Prepare tribute cards for donors who make tribute donations
• Support of all regional events and meetings — including: Webinars, summits, missions and gala events
Donor Database Administration
• Provide Raiser’s Edge (RE) Database Support to the development professionals and maintain the overall integrity of the donor database – all with the purpose of helping to improve overall fundraising results:
o Maintain accurate and current donor data
o Processing and Coding of new gifts
o Update RE opportunities with gifts and other actions
o Use opportunities to create and update quarterly campaign reports
o Create and generate various dashboard reports.
o Produce Raiser’s Edge Reports for NE Region as required
Perform queries and generate various lists as requested for large and small events, mailings or e-appeals.
• Draft and edit Regional correspondence
• Maintain the Northeast Regional Executive Director’s schedule
• Coordinate appointments, including reservations.
• Ensure moves management and relationships are properly tracked.
• Liaise with Alumni Relations, Marketing, and Donor Recognition departments
• Process expense reports for Executive Director with appropriate backup by using our Concur expense system
• Maintain filing and organizational systems
Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a non-profit or related experience is a must
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge NXT or similar CRM donor management is required
• Knowledge of design applications for invitations such as Canva preferred
• Strong writing and internet research skills
• Creative, highly organized, and detail oriented individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-environment and effectively manage concurrent processes/projects.
• Superior organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Must have excellent analytical and writing skills;
• Willing to handle diverse workload, with a high degree of flexibility.
• Ability to filter and summarize large quantities of written information.
• Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential materials.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and the public.
AFHU offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to Medical and Dental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, TransitChek Program, Employee Assistance Program as well as a generous time off/holiday policy.
To apply, please visit: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EEO, AFHU is an equal opportunity employer.