Primary functions are to administer nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency; and assume the responsibility for coordination of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assess hospice patients to identify the physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
• Implement/develop/document the plan of care to ensure quality and continuity of care.
• Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
• Provide clinical directions to the Hospice Aide/LVN to ensure quality and continuity of service provided.
• Assure continuity of quality patient care delivered with appropriate documentation.
• Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payor.
• Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
• Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
• Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patient/families as assigned.
• Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals.
• Hospice Aides and LVNs.
• Supervises and evaluates the Hospice Aide Care Plan in conjunction with the clinician establishing the aide care plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
• Current RN license in the state of Texas.
• Current CPR certification.
• Two years’ of experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting required, hospice preferred.
• Specialized skills preferred in palliation and end-of-life.