The Development Assistant (DA) reports to the Director of Development (DoD) and will support development efforts as Gateways continues to expand and strengthen its fundraising capabilities. The DA will be accountable for handling the day-to-day operations of the development team under direction of the Director of Development and will work in partnership with the Communications Assistant and Administrative Assistant. The DA will become an expert on all aspects of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge database of donors and prospects. The DA will support and/or implement and/or maintain direct mail campaigns, schedule of grants applications and reports, events, various development reports, monthly reconciliation with the finance office, and gift processing and acknowledgments as appropriate. This is a full-time, year-round position.
Duties and Responsibilities
(note – our office is currently closed due to COVID, and some of these responsibilities may be different or not applicable while the position is operating remotely):
- Execute the administrative and daily operations of the development department including but not limited to: data entry, gift acknowledgment and financial reconciliation, processing donations and mailing thank you letters, and scheduling support as needed.
- Maintain and update the BlackBaud Raiser’s Edge database, and train others as appropriate.
- Assist in conducting research and prospecting of multiple donor sources; engage in direct solicitation of gifts up to $1,000.
- Assist the DoD in identifying and researching new grant opportunities and conducting prospect research on foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals.
- Compile required information for foundation/corporation proposals and reports, which may include coordinating with finance and program staff to collect budgets, program reports, etc. Track foundation deadlines and ensure compliance with foundation requirements.
- Work with development team to produce events including the annual event.
- Prepare regular reports to keep senior management and lay leaders informed of annual campaign progress.
- Assist in fundraising and communications campaign efforts and support overall departmental fundraising projects.
- BS/BA degree
- 1-3 years’ work experience in administrative and/or development areas
- Demonstrated history of meeting goals and executing projects in a timely manner
- Interest in fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, work independently, be a team player, and communicate an organization’s vision, values, and strategies clearly
- Positive energy, open outlook, and a passion for the mission and work of Gateways
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Constant Contact a plus
- Flexibility to work some evenings and some Sundays during the year
- Professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with a diverse population, including individuals with special needs
- Salary range depending on experience: $35,000-$40,000 plus benefits, vacation time, etc.
About the Organization:
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit our web site at www.jgateways.org.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.