POSITION PJ Library Community Connector Manager
DEPARTMENT Jewish Education & Engagement/PJ Library
PART-TIME POSITION 18 HOURS PER WEEK
TIME-LIMITED POSITION End date: September 30, 2021; extension dependent on grant funding
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
PJ Library in Los Angeles seeks a strategic, community-focused and detail-oriented professional to manage the PJ Library Community Connector program, which creates neighborhood-based micro-communities and provides tools and easy access to meaningful Jewish experiences for families with children ages birth-2 years old. The PJ Library Community Connector Manager is responsible for providing support, resources and mentoring to a diverse team of PJ Library Community Connectors, while providing strategic vision and leadership to foster meaningful and vibrant connections to joyful Jewish life for families with young children.
The PJ Library Community Connector Manager is highly networked and respects and celebrates diversity in all forms. This position is suited for an outgoing, creative and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. The PJ Library Community Connector Manager understands the needs of Los Angeles Jewish families with children birth-2 years old, has a strong commitment to team-work and collaboration and is able to work both independently as well as oversee a team of colleagues.
• Collaborate with the Director, PJ Library, in the development and implementation of a PJ Connector engagement strategy, designed to meet evolving needs of families with young children in both COVID and post-COVID environments.
• Hire, mentor, and supervise a team of geographically diverse PJ Library Community Connectors:
o Act as thought-partner and guide in areas relevant to Connectors’ success (e.g., program planning, relationship building, integration of Jewish content, parenting trends, etc.)
o Provide connections to resources across the Jewish LA landscape
o Plan and implement professional development opportunities
o Support and bolster each Connector with an open mind, providing assistance and guidance in addressing community specific challenges and each one’s unique needs and concerns
• Collect and review Connector documentation and data collection, liaise with Federation Data Department, with an eye towards identifying trends to inform future work.
• Monitor expenses for PJ Library Community Connector program.
• Support the Director, PJ Library, in strategic planning, grant writing, marketing, funder reporting as needed.
• Contribute content to social media about PJ Library in Los Angeles.
• Act as an integral member of the PJ Library Professional team.
• Network with other PJ Library professionals managing Connectors and participate in PJ Library National webinars and conferences.
• Flexible work hours including nights and weekends • No assigned work site
Be available to supervisor and Sr. VP Jewish Education & Engagement for additional duties and assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
• BA degree preferred. 2-3 years of relevant experience in outreach/community organizing and supervision of staff
• Knowledge of community-organizing techniques and relational engagement methodology, including an understanding of grassroots movements and online community-building
• Knowledge about family dynamics (with young children) and early childhood education, specifically birth-3 years old, preferred
• Knowledge of Jewish life, calendar, customs, rituals, and ability to communicate them in inclusive and accessible ways
• Ability to work independently, with strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and verbal, written and social-media communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects, be an active listener and exercise sound judgment
• Knowledge of Judaism and the Los Angeles Jewish Community a plus
• Experience working with donor database or related database systems
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.