Our Multimedia Producer is a strong communicator with a sharp eye for brand design and a keen understanding of what works in multimedia storytelling. A successful candidate is detail-oriented, comfortable working behind a camera, knows software and systems, and can deftly move between them. This position reports to the Director of Engagement, Program & Communications.
Worship/Live Event Production
• Collaborate with clergy and staff to plan virtual and in-person events: Coordinate logistics, Research and implement ideas and systems., Prepare systems, materials and visuals to support the service/event, Communicate details with staff and participants.
• Be the “host” of the rehearsal, run through, and service/event.
• Set the pace and tone during pre-service preparation. Lead the run through, check video, lighting and audio volume, and screen visuals.
• Focus on the experience as a whole during the service, giving lighting and transition cues, noticing the details and responding to issues that arise.
• Coordinate and administer Zoom, StreamSpot Streaming Service including on-going additions, changes that affect what people see on our website, Vimeo, Facebook Live and YouTube on a regular basis.
• Stay up to date on the latest video and audio technological changes
• Work under the direction of Operations Director, including for artistic direction, meeting regularly
• Create dynamic multimedia content such as videos, podcasts, graphics, gifs, and infographics used primarily on CRS website, emails, and social media
• Manage all details involved in the video process, including: storyboarding, scripting, selection of talent, props, and shoot locations, handling all necessary legalities like talent release forms and copyright, and final review
• Oversee digital asset management for all photo, video and graphic deliverables, including storage, editing, meta tagging, access and file optimization
• Update and maintain control of the visual impact of the CRS web page and related microsites
• Digital design including but not limited to creating graphics, embedding videos, adding or updating calendar/event pages, and other content as needed
Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as necessary
• Strong competency with a photo and video camera, lighting, audio, storyboarding and a demo reel of past work
• On-the-job experience developing stories and multimedia projects with Adobe Premiere (or similar software) and online live video software such as StreamYard.
• Experience creating designs primarily for web and video production using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Experience with HTML and CSS applied to multimedia web projects
• Systems experience with website WordPress (or other CMS) and Constant Contact (or other email marketing platform); Zoom (or similar video conferencing software)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communications, interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills
• Capacity to juggle multiple projects, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and tight deadlines, and achieving results;
• Solutions-oriented and action-oriented (i.e., takes on new opportunities and difficult challenges with energy and enthusiasm)
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
• Demonstrated critical thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to staff occasional evening and weekend meetings and programs
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
• Understanding of Reform Judaism and synagogue life also a plus