About Golda Och Academy
Golda Och Academy is a vibrant learning community that focuses on the individual intellectual, social, and spiritual needs of each child. We cultivate in students a lifelong love of learning within the context of Jewish knowledge and heritage. Our school is located on two campuses — one for the Lower School and one for the Upper School — located about two miles apart in West Orange, serving approximately 500 students from more than 60 communities across New Jersey. In the tradition of Solomon Schechter schools, Golda Och Academy grounds a rigorous academic curriculum in the culture and tenets of Conservative Judaism and welcomes students from a range of synagogue affiliations and Jewish expression.
Golda Och Academy Upper School seeks a creative, passionate Jewish Studies teacher to join our team for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate combines a degree in Jewish Studies, with an out-of-the-box vision on how to inspire students to engage with Jewish ideas and values through Jewish text. Experience with teaching a variety of learners and using technology as a purposeful tool is a plus. The ideal candidate will also bring energy and creativity to our Tefilah program.
- Teaching Judaic Studies in the Middle School
- Developing curriculum for electives in Jewish studies
- Facilitating Tefilah and Tefilah Education
- At least 3 years of relevant teaching experience preferred
- Citizenship, residency, or work VISA in the United States required
- Bachelor’s degree in Jewish Education and/or Judaic Studies
- In Class teacher
- Upper School
- Jewish Day school