Camp Ramah in Wisconsin’s Director of Camper Care and Inclusion is a new, senior level position that will share responsibility for all aspects of the day-to-day running of camp throughout the year, with involvement in camper recruitment, program development, and staff hiring along with the Assistant Director.
As a statement of the value we place on inclusion and the mental, emotional, and physical well-being of our campers and staff, we are creating this new full-time, year-round position to oversee our inclusion and special needs programs, camper intake processes, team of camper care professionals throughout the summer, and related areas.
We are seeking a collaborative professional with a background in mental health and/or inclusion work as well as a commitment to building the type of year-round and lifelong interpersonal relationships and holistic Jewish community that are fundamental to Camp Ramah in Wisconsin’s work.
About Camp Ramah in Wisconsin:
Camp Ramah Wisconsin provides children and adults with transformative experiences of vibrant Jewish life seamlessly blended with the joy of summer camp. We serve the Midwest Jewish community through Camp Ramah in Wisconsin (located in Conover, Wisconsin) and Ramah Day Camp (located in Wheeling, Illinois). Campers with diverse backgrounds and needs come together to make friends, have fun, develop skills, and enhance their Judaism.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
• Oversight of Camper Care including outreach to new and existing families; review of forms; hiring and supervision of Camper Care professionals; development of staff training curriculum and materials.
• Oversight of Inclusion and Special Needs Programs including: publicity and recruitment; intake and registration; program development; staff hiring and oversight.
• Oversee MESH (mental, emotional, and social health) and other related wellness efforts for entire camp population.
• Play a role in and assume leadership roles in some areas of camper recruitment and retention; staff recruitment and hiring; planning of summer program.
• Assist Ramah Day Camp in Chicagoland Director in intake protocols, inclusion program, and related tasks during winter and spring.
Ideal candidates will possess the following credentials and skills
• Academic degree in special education, social work, psychology, or related field (Masters preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in mental health, inclusion/special needs, Jewish education, and/or summer camp leadership
• Strong Judaic and Hebrew background
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
• Ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leadership, and other partners
• Regular year-round travel as well as work on nights and weekends
• Summer residency of approximately 12 weeks at Ramah’s campus in Conover, WI
• Regularly scheduled time in off-season office in downtown Chicago
• Living a lifestyle consistent with that of an educational leader of the Conservative Movement
• Ability to build trusting and lasting relationships with campers, camper parents, staff, professional leaders and other partners
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000 with generous benefits package.