The Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine (JCA) is hiring a full-time Outreach, Engagement, and Membership Director to help us strengthen the connections and relationships between our programs and community, to develop volunteer opportunities throughout the organization, and to oversee and implement the JCA’s Membership program and initiatives. The ideal candidate will take an entrepreneurial approach to relationship building by creating activities guided by our mission and Jewish values that resonate with community members, encouraging them to experience Judaism on their terms, and providing them the tools, resources, and guidance to engage in a way that adds value and meaning to their lives.
Outreach and Engagement:
- Raise awareness within and beyond the local synagogues and other Jewish organizations about the JCA’s work and offerings
- Build relationships with individual community members and cultivate interest-based cohorts
- Inspire community engagement with all aspects of the JCA through offering organized activities, including but not limited to volunteer opportunities, giving circles, book groups, clubs, gatherings, or trips.
- Organize and lead NextDor social, cultural, and volunteer events for community members in their 20s and 30s; manage NextDor’s online and social media presence and newsletter
- Serve as the point person for welcoming new people to the community.
- Establish processes to ensure that, when possible, the JCA marks important life cycle events for board members, donors, and members by reaching out or sending a small card or gift.
- Explore the creation of a volunteer check-in corps to make regular contact with community members in need to offer support and care.
- Develop and execute Membership marketing, acquisition, and retention initiatives.
- Plan and staff Membership events.
- Onboard new members, field Membership inquiries, follow up on renewals and cancellations, track Membership data and revenue.
- Develop partnerships with local businesses for exclusive member discounts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media platforms, email marketing such as Constant - Contact, online survey tools, and the ability to learn new software platforms independently and quickly.
- Professional experience in nonprofit or Jewish communal work, volunteer management, program coordination, membership preferred.
- Commitment to the mission and work of the JCA; familiarity with Judaism and Jewish customs and practices required, and familiarity with the local Jewish communal landscape strongly preferred
- Proficiency with NeonCRM preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player and “people person,” highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses an engaging, friendly, and professional demeanor, a positive attitude, great problem-solving skills, flexibility, and responsiveness to evolving needs in a growing organization, the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and diverse projects, to quickly learn new technical skills and systems, and to exercise discretion in sensitive situations. This position reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with the organization’s leadership team.
This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position with benefits. Some evening and weekend work is required. On a temporary basis, until the JCA’s building opens to the public, the position would involve exclusively outdoor or remote work.
Starting date: February-March 2021
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off and programmatic discounts, short term and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as 90% of the cost of individual health insurance. Voluntary vision and dental are also available.