The Marlene Meyerson JCC of Manhattan is seeking a Director of Human Resources to oversee all HR related matters including benefits administration, employee relations, compensation, wage and hour law compliance, city, state and federal labor law compliance, recruitment, policies and procedures, employee recognition, training and development, employee evaluation program, employee database/record keeping management and onboarding new hires.
The HR Director’s role includes a deep awareness and understanding of the culture of the JCC and working closely with Center Directors and the Leadership team to provide clear pathways for respecting and building upon this culture through staff training and development.
The Director of Human Resources will join the Leadership Team at the Marlene Meyerson JCC. The resource we are seeking will handle the following tasks:
• Ensure that the JCC remains in compliance with all city, state, and local laws, by attending trainings, webinars and participating in networks that provide up-to-date HR-related information.
• Maintain the HR Manual, regularly updating the manual as workplace policies and laws evolve
• Communicate with staff on ongoing basis in effort to keep staff informed of all matters that impact their work experience including details around PTO, training, payroll.
• Spearhead the organization’s effort to create a Leadership Institute, geared toward training and development for all levels of staff and Board members. This is a unique opportunity to design and lead state-of-the-art internal leadership programs.
• Coordinate with hiring managers in all recruitment efforts by identifying best sites to post, maintaining job postings and consulting on quality of candidates
• Maintain excellent employee relations by keeping an open-door policy for staff to seek advice when encountering challenges at work, ensuring confidentiality and effective problem solving
• Database Management utilizing Isolved, ThinkHR and Personify
• Organize Employee Events including holiday parties and staff recognition events.
• Directly supervise the Director of Benefits and Administrative Assistant.
• Comfortable dealing with difficult and challenging situations.
• Regularly correspond with staff – i.e., weekly staff email blast, promptly respond to inquiries, frequently update spreadsheets that contain current staff data
• As a member of the Leadership Team, this hire will attend weekly meetings and participate in leadership discussions that impact all aspects of the organization.
• Work very closely with the Payroll Manager, sharing all relevant salary and other payroll related information.
• 5 years of director-level experience in a generalist role including benefits administration
• Bachelor’s degree required. SHRM certifications and/or Masters’ Degree preferred
• Prior experience in design and delivery of training and development programs required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must exercise the utmost diplomacy, calm, discretion, and respectful demeanor at all times
• Experience working with an HRCM system and employee database
• Must be comfortable speaking in public
• This is a front facing position that will require on site presence the majority of time
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE