South Bend Hebrew Day School
South Bend, IN
Bring your talents to South Bend Hebrew Day School, an Orthodox Jewish Day School, nurturing social and emotional growth, and building a solid foundation for academic success across Judaic and General Studies. Join a collaborative and innovative team committed to promoting a warm and engaging environment for all students.
South Bend Hebrew Day School is seeking full time General Studies teachers at various grade levels for Fall 2021.
South Bend is home to a growing Orthodox Jewish community; it is a great place to raise a family for those seeking a warm and wholesome environment, a lower cost of living, and a slower pace of life. In addition to South Bend Hebrew Day School, the community enjoys a Jewish infrastructure, Bais Yaakov High School for girls and Yeshiva Gedola of South Bend for high school boys.
• Implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations;
• Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work and self-determination through structured social-emotional learning;
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
• Communicate effectively and proactively with students, families, and colleagues;
• Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
• Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school's teacher performance rubric as a guide;
• Be accountable for students' mastery of academic standards; and,
• Participate in professional development and staff meetings.
A Masters level or other advanced degree in education is preferred. A robust compensation package includes a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), full tuition benefits, and professional development opportunities.