Office Administrator for a Nassau County Synagogue.
Full-time with short-day Fridays. Competitive salary. vacation, federal and major Jewish holidays off, health benefits not offered.
You will prioritize to effectively manage workflow and short and long-term projects while being flexible and responsive to dynamic needs of a small office. You will interact professionally with our officers, board, staff, congregants and the public. Supervise one clerical staff. Also:
• Respond to and anticipate needs and resolve problems.
• Utilize synagogue systems, computer-based programs, digital platforms.
• Manage budget, finances, payroll, with lay leaders’ direction and oversight; utilize software-based external contracted services, who handle our payroll and bookkeeping (A/P, A/R) functions; communicate with their representatives.
• Prepare and supervise marketing-communications, able to use a design program.
• Keep synagogue calendar and coordinate scheduling and support for all arms of synagogue.
• Manage office systems and certain vendors. Coordinate with our Facilities Manager, who oversees the property, custodians and contractors.
• Monitor compliance with Town/County/State laws and requirements.
• Perform other administrative functions and learn new systems as needs of the office evolve.
• A self-starter who has 5 or more years relevant experience responsible for not-for-profit or synagogue administration, or experience running a small business. Friendly manner.
• Tact, discretion and mature judgment.
• Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal, and written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent time management skills are paramount, attention to detail and ability to prioritize workflow.
• Experience with a database system –CRM or member-management. Experience with an accounts receivables and payables computer-based system and Quickbooks a plus (although our bookkeeping is outsourced, you will interact with the service).
• Proficiency with MS Office. Experience creating materials using a graphic design program strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of synagogue customs a plus.
Respond with your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how your relevant recent experience enables you to work independently in a dynamic small office with the needs described here.