Overview and purpose:
Support the coordination of development activities,?data?and information management, and the OSRUI Retreat Center.?Work closely with the Development Director?and Camp Director?to?organize?and track data?in a way that?enables accurate?reporting, outreach and cultivation, follow-up and stewardship, and other critical philanthropic work. Manage logistics and operations for the OSRUI Retreat Center, providing great customer service to rental groups and sharing information with other staff members. Support the business operations of the camp throughout the summer. For all parts of this role attention to detail is a must.??
You are a professional with extensive operational experience. You are someone who has excellent ability to manage and pay thoughtful attention to detail in keeping varied systems accurate, in order, and on-track.?You possess the ability to multi-task, be efficient, stay accountable to a timeline. You Understand and value the importance of details as they relate to a culture of giving and relationships at OSRUI.
About the URJ:
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) is a dynamic network of nearly 850 congregations, 15 camps, and the Religious Action Center, along with lay leaders, clergy, and professionals across North America. Our progressive, inclusive approach to Jewish life unites thousands of years of tradition and values with modern experience to strengthen Judaism today and for future generations. Through immersive experiences, engagement with civic life, creative programs, information sharing, and networking opportunities, our constituents enhance their capacity to build and expand community, deepen Jewish learning, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership.
• Partnership with Development Director??
o Work closely with the?Development Director and Camp Director to help?position them to cultivate and solicit major gifts and grants from individuals and organizations.
o Assist with identification?of donors, research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.??
• Oversight of data and information systems, to include:??
o Maintain donor database (Salesforce), ensuring data accuracy and system integrity??
o Manage and execute the donor acknowledgment process.??
o Direct input or coordination of input for all donations in current systems.??
o Tracking and reporting of donations and donors to review and strategize.??
o Configure and manage database query and reporting; understand and recommend best practices as a result of the analysis.??
o Maintain?pledge tracking and invoicing of pledge payments.??
o Coordination of data entry and reporting with URJ development department colleagues and resources.??
• Assist with gathering materials to report on gifts, campaigns, targets, etc.??
• Process timely gift acknowledgment letters, tributes, pledge acknowledgments, manage gift processing, and assist with financial reconciliations.??
• Support the recruitment of year-round rental groups
• Support all parts of the lifecycle process for year-round rental groups and programs: lead and inquiry management, scheduling, contracting, gathering of logistical information, communication of needs to maintenance, housekeeping, and food service teams, post-event billing and evaluation processes
• Support in the recruitment, training, and hiring of Resident Directors (RDs) to serve as site directors for year-round business
• Serve as the point person for logistics for year-round programs that OSRUI operates (this includes a need to spend weekends at camp on a regular basis)
• Communicate clearly and deliver excellent customer service for all-year-round program participants and rental groups
• Support the business operations for a successful summer at the camp office, including projects such as: transportation, laundry, mail, supply ordering, and direct customer service
• Welcome donors and guests to camp, ensuring a positive experience for all as you represent camp
• Host site visits for retreat groups in preparation for upcoming rental season
Qualifications and experience:
We are aware that People of Color and women often do not apply for positions unless they possess every qualification. We encourage people from a wide range of backgrounds, including underrepresented/marginalized, who possess most of these qualifications, even if not all, to apply for the position.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-2 Years of experience in data management and development preferred
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• This role has the opportunity to spend all, or a significant portion, of the summer in residence at camp in Oconomowoc, WI. We are open to candidates who are interested in this but will also consider candidates who are not able to spend the entire summer at camp.
This position is currently Remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This posting is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.