Adas Israel Congregation, a bustling 1700-family synagogue and DC magnet for contemporary Jewish life and spirituality, seeks an organized, energetic, computer-savvy, and effective Programming and Building Operations Manager to oversee outstanding facilities and operations management systems for our high-traffic synagogue building and community.
The Programming and Building Operations Manager will collaborate with the full team to ensure smooth, effective, professional-grade experiences, services, classes, and events for all members, students, and guests interacting with the synagogue and its many offerings. They will also ensure that our historic, 100,000 square foot campus is properly operated, cleaned, loved, and maintained.
The position reports to the Senior Director of Programming Operations and will work with our professional staff, clergy and lay leadership to ensure all synagogue activities are fully supported. The position requires working scheduled weeknights or weekends for events in addition to standard office hours.
• Receive, manage, and track all building and programming calendering requests, using our robust calendar management software (EMS). This platform functions as the operational blueprint for all activities in the building, and therefore proper data management within this platform will be critical.
• Manage maintenance, logistics, upkeep, and cleanliness of the 100,000 square foot facility and grounds (including our historic cemetery), to include general operations, repairs, cleaning, and building systems (e.g., HVAC, access control), landscaping and snow removal, via internal personnel and external suppliers.
• Manage building “ticketing” software -- receiving, reviewing, and implementing building modifications and repairs as needed and approved.
• Manage and liaise with our outside building vendors to be sure all of our systems are in good working order and operating effectively and efficiently.
• Manage and execute all safety requirements, including fire and burglar alarms, inspections, elevator, burglar, sprinkler, and additional building codes.
• Coordinate with custodial staff and outsourced building maintenance company personnel.
• Supervise our contracted IT specialist(s) to ensure synagogue technology and systems are fully operational and effective.
• Meet with building, administrative and educational teams weekly to ensure all building events run smoothly.
• Work with the COO to develop a yearly operations budget, and assist with forecasting for anticipated.
• A “can-do,” “roll up your sleeves, ““I’m a part of the team” attitude - we love our work, and want you to as well!
• Fluency with data management software and all basic computer systems.
• Operations, maintenance and custodial supervisory experience.
• Fluency with facilities and vendor procedures.
• A track record of managing multiple projects and activities.
• Experience working in synagogue, church, school, museum, or performing arts/events operations a plus.