The Director of Engagement is a full-time employee who reports to the Executive Director and is an essential member of the Hillel at Miami University team. The Director of Engagement is a welcoming and dynamic Jewish community builder that embraces innovation and inclusivity to connect with Miami students; ultimately shaping and inspiring their participation and leadership in Jewish campus life. The Director of Engagement is never afraid to reach out to someone new and always makes space for others at their table. Professional strengths include being personable and accessible, detail-oriented, organized, flexible, resourceful, passionate, and able to work independently. Working well in collaborative environments as well as demonstrated supervisory skills are both essential for success in this role.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of experience working with young adults in Jewish education, higher education, and/or community development.
- Strong skills in program development and/or event planning.
- Commitment to pluralism, secular meaning-making and worldviews.
- Creative problem-solving techniques and sense of humor.
- Demonstrated skills in communication and facilitation.
- An innovative spirit, excellent organizational skills and comfort working independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Engagement (60%)
* Implement a strategic program planning model for engagement
* Work cooperatively/collaboratively with segments of the student leadership (such as Arts, Greek life, social justice) to build positive on-going relationships with students
* Develop one-one-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them
* Identify a portfolio of students currently less engaged with Jewish life on campus and create a plan to connect them to meaningful opportunities
- Leader of Hillel’s Student Leadership Program (20%)
* Supervise and manage Hillel’s leadership program and serve as an advisor to student leadership groups and other Hillel student groups.
* With oversight of the Executive Director, manage the Student board including program development, leadership skills, and professionalism.
* Promote and participate in student-led programs with a positive and energetic attitude.
* Participate, lead, and encourage student involvement in campus wide activities, e.g. sporting events, speakers on campus, performances, etc.
- Program Leadership and Support (20%)
* Incorporating an accountability framework for student-led programs e.g. implementing deadlines during program planning process and supporting students in making sure deadlines are met
* Develop an organizational communication plan to utilize multi-channel marketing, such as social media and in-person events, to build Hillel’s overall brand among students
* Manage programs to engage large numbers of students – i.e. “FreshFest”, Welcome Week, and large holiday celebrations such as High Holy Days, Purim, & Israel Week
What You’ll Get Out of It
- Salary range - $43,000 - 50,000
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- The support of a supervisor who believes in a working culture that allows for time off and rest
What We're About and Where You'll Work
Hillel at Miami University is the center of Jewish life on campus in Oxford, Ohio. Our mission as an organization is to engage, connect, and empower Jewish students at Miami University by encouraging exploration of student Jewish identity, creating a vibrant Jewish community, and inspiring the next generation of Jewish leaders. Students are at the heart and soul of what we do here at Hillel.
Hillel at Miami University, located in Oxford, Ohio, is the center of Jewish life on campus, about 45 minutes from Cincinnati, Ohio. We serve nearly 1,000 Jewish students on a campus of 16,500 undergraduates and 2,500 graduate students.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Miami of Ohio Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.