Based in Los Angeles
In the year 2000, a group of Israeli parents of children with cancer gathered to offer emotional and educational support for one another in coping with their great challenges. As their group grew, they realized that many families were in need of a wide range of support: navigating health care bureaucracy, tending to their mental health, and in providing fun opportunities for their kids to just be kids.
Twenty years since our founding, Larger Than Life has developed more than 20 programs, for medical and social support for sick children and their families, ranging from dream trips to Orlando and LA, to psychological treatment services, medical, financial and logistical assistance for families of cancer-stricken children. Larger Than Life is proud to have helped more than 15,000 children – of all religions, races, ethnic backgrounds - and their families as they endure the hardships of pediatric cancer.
Larger than Life LA is a 501(c)3 non-profit whose primary function is to raise financial resources in support of the programs and services provided by Larger Than Life. Founded in October 2003, the Board of Directors, together with hundreds of donors throughout the Greater Los Angeles, have secured more than $20 million though annual fundraising events.
Position Specifications and Candidate Qualifications
Larger Than Life LA seeks a proven, dynamic, and inspiring fundraising professional with superior relationship skills and demonstrated success in building organizational capacity and increasing revenue to serve as Executive Director for the Greater Los Angeles Region
The Executive Director is a full-time position responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Larger than Life LA Family is fundraising including: Major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Board of Directors as well as volunteer committee members in all planning, development and fundraising endeavors.
• Must embrace the mission of the Larger than Life LA Family organization.
• Be a self-motivated leader with a minimum of 5 years of development experience with significant experience cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $10,000+ from existing and new constituencies.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• A high level of knowledge and sophisticated understanding of fundraising best practices and the Jewish philanthropic landscape, throughout the Greater Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information to donors, board members, and committee members.
• Highly organized with the ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity and solutions.
• Self-motivated with an energetic, flexible and creative approach.
• Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to balance negotiate and work with a variety of stakeholders.
• Experience in social media, digital campaigns and advertising.
• Hebrew speaker – significant advantage.
• Achieve annual fundraising goal of $1,000,000 - $2,000,000.
• Develop and grow LTLLA’s donor base of individuals and foundations, with a focus on those capable of giving $10,000 or more.
• Design and implement a major gift strategy aimed at increasing the overall dollars raised in the region year-over-year.
• Build and manage a fundraising portfolio of donors and prospective donors at the $5,000+ level, with a focus on those capable of five and six figure commitments:
o Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors.
o Develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies for prospects.
o Solicit gifts from current and prospective donors.
• Plan and attend fundraising events strategically designed to cultivate new prospective donors or steward existing donors – with special emphasis on the LTL LA Family Annual Gala event.
• Involve and collaborate with LTL LA Board of Director and committee members in activities and strategies to cultivate donors and expand representation in the community.
• Identify and cultivate new Board and Committee Members
• Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising initiatives
• Initiate research of new individual and foundation prospects for cultivation.
• Partner with Larger Than Life-Israel to develop and create proposals for individual funding opportunities.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the LTL LA Family with the community.
• Develop and maintain gift stewardship programs.
• Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts, such as bequest expectancies.
• Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
• Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
• Oversee creation of print material to support fund raising activities.
• Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
SALARY/BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience.
Note:This is a Salary ONLY position with no individual medical, dental or retirement benefits being offered.
Please email cover *************************