Mission and Philosophy
The Shalom Hartman Institute is a leading center of Jewish thought and education, serving Israel and North America. Our mission is to strengthen Jewish peoplehood, identity, and pluralism and to ensure that Judaism is a compelling force for good in the 21st century.
The Program Operations Coordinator supports the implementation of SHI NA’s annual calendar of educational activities in partnership with a growing national team of program staff. SHI NA conducts approximately one thousand seminars and other programmatic initiatives each academic year. The Program Operations Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring that all activities are implemented with excellence through building effective partnerships with faculty; setting and enforcing quality control standards; implementing evaluation efforts; and the smooth running of technical and logistical systems and platforms for both online and in person programming, including being part of the team which builds these platforms when necessary. This individual is also responsible for physical plant office functions and liaising with building contractors and vendors as they intersect with programming, such as printer/copier functionality and programmatic inventory/purchasing. This is a role for a fast-paced and resourceful team player – someone who is both analytic and relational, detail-oriented and able to see the big picture, and a fantastic troubleshooter. Based in our New York office, the ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with colleagues across North America and in Israel, and will possess a strong understanding of and commitment to SHI’s mission.
• Execute a dynamic annual calendar of educational programs and initiatives in partnership with the Director of Programs, Program
Directors, and the Program Associate team;
• Work closely with faculty to confirm scheduling, travel arrangements, and itinerary creation;
• Oversee source and program material formatting, as well as overseeing and executing some aspects of caterer coordination and booking,
• Maintain accurate calendar and programmatic data in Salesforce;
• Support in-office programs and conferences and use of office by outside groups and organizations;
• Manage & maintain office physical plant related to programmatic activities, including necessary purchases and repairs.
• Manage purchasing of program and office supplies;
• Manage office cleanliness and orderliness as related to program readiness;
• Manage office kitchen supplies, orderliness and cleanliness;
• Manage office storage areas and basement storage unit.
• Superior track record with program planning and execution, including creating and managing timelines and work plans; sourcing vendors; managing speakers/faculty; and team management.
• Strong track record developing and cultivating individual and institutional partnerships.
• Familiarity with the North American Jewish communal landscape and institutions.
• Ability to delegate to and supervise others appropriately.
• Track record of demonstrating sound judgment by making appropriate decisions, knowing when to take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions and when to ask for help.
• 3-5 years of professional experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong proficiency with Salesforce or a similar CRM system.
• Flexible work style with the ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities.
• Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple complex tasks.
• Inquisitiveness and an openness to learning, including new software and technologies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including a proven ability using advanced functions of Excel.
• BA / BS or equivalent;
• Ability to travel occasionally and to staff evening and weekend programs.
• Good sense of humor.
Salary range and benefits:
$55,000-$65,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation and benefits package.