We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
We are looking for passionate, thoughtful, forward thinking educators to join our growing team. Magen David Yeshivah is an Orthodox Jewish Yeshivah rooted in Sephardic tradition, Jewish law and dedicated to academic excellence, creativity and intellectual curiosity. Our mission is to develop broadly educated, ethical, self-confident, and compassionate Torah-observant Jews, committed to lifelong learning, community service, and personal growth. As a community, we equip our students with the ability to confidently interact with an ever-changing modern world through the prism of Torah values, and to cultivate within them a deep understanding of and love for the people, land, and State of Israel.
Our program is embedded in an emergent curriculum that integrates each child’s individual potential and the responsibility as an institution to support and guide a child throughout their journey of wonder and learning. The school promotes the development of interpersonal relationships among children and adults in order to provide an educational experience of the highest quality built upon the belief that children have an innate curiosity, sense of discovery, and when intentionally nurtured, blossoms into a lifelong love of learning.
- Serve as a hands on instructional support coaching teaching teams in and out of the classroom environment
- Guiding practice within an age-appropriate emergent curriculum incorporating the development of skills for math, science, literacy, and social/emotional functioning
- Modeling best practice in instruction as it relates to classroom expectations, time management, use of language and materials in a responsive classroom
- Lead teaching teams in the areas of planning, instruction and classroom management including the review of lessons plans and implementation of curricular goals
- Collaborate closely with supervisors
- Be a consumer of research and generate ideas rooted in best practice in early childhood education
- Engage in ongoing professional development
- Provide ongoing feedback to teaching teams within the framework of a growth mindset
- Implement assigned administrative duties
-The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of and experience within a progressive early childhood philosophy (constructivist; emergent; Reggio-Emilia) looking to join a school with opportunities for growth
- Experienced early childhood teacher with great instincts and is solutions oriented
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Eager to share effective skills and practices with colleagues and has a "toolbox" of ideas and strategies
- Collaborator by nature, strong leadership skills and enjoys working as part of a team
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and practices
- Minimum of 3 years as a lead teacher with a progressive background
- Master’s degree required
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience in early childhood Judaic studies is required
About Magen David Yeshivah
Magen David Yeshivah is an Early Childhood through Grade 12 Jewish day school rooted in the Sephardic tradition and dedicated to academic excellence, creativity, and intellectual curiosity. As the cornerstone of the Sephardic community of New York for generations, we are proud to continue to provide a first-rate education while strengthening our community and preserving our traditions.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah. - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah