The Administrative Coordinator will serve as a key member of the administrative staff of Temple Beth-El, providing administrative and logistical support for the temple’s education programs, as well as some broader congregational activities. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a wide range of efficient administrative processes to support day-to-day activities. Critical to success are attention to detail, thorough and timely communications, efficient processes, and use of various technologies. The Administrative Coordinator is a key member of the Education Team and reports jointly to the Director of Education and Executive Director.
* Implement, modify, or create efficient processes.
* Maintain, manipulate and report on data; manage school registration
* Ensure classrooms are ready for instruction with appropriate inventories of various school supplies
* Oversee work assigned to paid school interns and volunteer classroom assistants (madrichim)
* Create and coordinate school and congregational communications; flyers; manage mailings
* Coordinate social media posts and tracking
* Maintain temple website, calendars
* Manage details for a wide variety of school and congregational programs (e.g. school trips, youth events, holiday celebrations)
* Manage registration processes, resources, vendors, special requests; track expenses.
* Communicate with program participants as needed
* Strong administrative and clerical skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong problem solving instincts
* Close attention to detail and ability to plan ahead
* Ability to work seamlessly in a team environment
* High school or BS/BA education; minimum of 3 to 5 years of commensurate experience in an administrative or program coordination role
* Experience in a synagogue setting or Jewish organization a plus; experience working with COVID restrictions or managing COVID-related protocols a plus.
* Proficient in various technology platforms such as: Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, Zoom, Padlet, WordPress, Publisher, Canva, CalendarWiz; Experience with ShulCloud a plus.
* Experience with various social media outlets Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
This is a Full time role. The Administrative Coordinator will be expected to be on-site during school hours, evening programs, and special events. The schedule will adjust during the course of the year to align with the school schedule and from week-to-week depending on special events.
This is a non-exempt position: annual compensation is derived on an hourly basis and is commensurate with experience.