HEA Community Engagement and Event Coordinator
HEA seeks an excellent Community Engagement Coordinator who is responsible for all aspects of congregational program engagement, including program development, participant recruitment and follow-up to ensure sustained engagement. The ideal candidate will specifically, create, implement and manage event and scheduling logistics for congregational events throughout the year. Responsible for innovative program development in conjunction with the Engagement department.
About Us: HEA is a large Conservative congregation in Southeast Denver with a vibrant community spanning all age and life stage demographics.
Reporting Structure: The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director of Engagement
Hours and benefit: Full time including some nights and weekends, therefore flexibility is required. Benefit package included.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Schedule, plan, attend and assist in congregational events throughout the year
* Act as onsite volunteer coordinator or Zoom host
* Organize food and event ambiance
* Keep programming calendars, including community calendars active and up to date
* Manage registration process and data entry
* Work with Communications Dir. to provide website copy and registration for classes and events
* Coordinate with Family Programs Coordinator to incorporate families into large events
* Manage other administrative duties and projects as directed by the Engagement Director
* Ability to manage large amounts of scheduling information
* Calm and friendly demeanor
* Comfortable keeping track of numbers and details
* Team player with the ability to comfortably work with volunteers and staff
* Adaptable to last minute changes or requirements
* Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
* Experience with Windows programs and web based marketing programs such as Canva
* Experience with virtual hosting of Zoom or other virtual meeting platforms
* Familiarity with database management helpful
* Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and clients in person and on the phone
* Knowledge of Jewish ritual and calendar
* Desire to strive for excellence and constantly improve
* 1-3 years office and/or event experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job and may change at any time. We reply only to resumes that align most closely with the job description.