Central Synagogue is a thriving reform congregation in midtown Manhattan, serving 2,600 families and the larger community. We work tirelessly toward a world in which Judaism is central to the lives of Jews everywhere and is a profound and positive force for humanity. We are relentless in our pursuit of that goal, constantly evolving to reach far beyond the walls of our synagogue to learn, worship, serve and continually redefine what it means to be Jewish today. For more information about our organization visit centralsynagogue.org.
The Billing Services Manager reports to the Controller and is a member of the Finance team. He/she will take full ownership of all aspects of the accounts receivable functions. This individual will leverage technology to ensure we have strong efficient processes and enable better access to data for business decisions. He/she will be a strong multi-tasker and independent problem solver, have excellent communication and project-management skills, work well with others across the team and organization, and be extremely organized.
• Manage workflow to ensure timely and accurate accounts in Salesforce, our member database including monthly billing, cash application, refunds, and all other related financial transactions.
• Handle congregant requests regarding their accounts by phone and email; respond professionally and humanly in sensitive conversations over finances. Serve as primary Finance contact with members and non-members.
• Partner with the Controller and Membership Department to establish and execute standard practices regarding outreach to congregants on open balances.
• Resolve questions or issues with accounts using independent problem solving.
• Use data from Salesforce to identify risks and opportunities over account balances.
• Report on accounts receivable open balances on a quarterly basis.
• Serve as an internal expert on Salesforce as it relates to the financial aspects of billing and accounts receivable.
• Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to the accounts receivable process on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiencies.
• Ensure compliance with internal policies including but not limited to write offs, financial aid, and payment plans.
• Responsible for all aspects of year-end tax letters.
• Provide support for other finance team members as needed.
• Strong background in accounts receivable and collections.
• Works well independently by exercising independent judgement.
• Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to multi-task.
• Enthusiastic about technology and has the drive to bring improvements to processes.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Use of judgement to handle confidential and time sensitive matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 5-7 years Account Receivable experience
• Strong customer service skills
• Experience with CRM software - Salesforce or other comparable software preferred
• Ability to learn quickly and effectively utilize database
• Proficient in Excel and familiar with Microsoft Outlook and Word or equivalent
Full-time, FLSA classification (non-exempt and eligible for OT).