About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the IAC is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community strengthens our next generations, the American Jewish community and the State of Israel.
About Keshet Program:
Keshet is one of the IAC’s flagship community building programs for young families and children. With engaging and interactive sessions, events and many other ‘out of the box’ opportunities , Keshet empowers young Israeli and Jewish American children and their families, to experience Israeliness, connect with each other and celebrate their identity and community through the Hebrew language, Israeli culture and Jewish traditions.
The IAC National Keshet Program Director will lead the strategic planning, development and implementation of Keshet, will manage Keshet’s regional facilitators, work closely with IAC Regional Directors, Regional Managers, community Engagers, and IAC staff.
The Director will report to the IAC National Sr. Director of Program’s Operations
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Keshet Program Development - will be responsible for content creation and its accessibility to facilitators and educators (design, website and other relevant outlets) in accordance with organization goals and content focus as well as methods (offline, online, hybrid).
• Keshet program growth - Set the strategy and the execution of the Keshet’s vision across the US; implementation at the regional activities, managing national level activities, and leading the collaboration of the various regions.
• Take part in forming an Israeli - American parents’ network.
• Oversee and lead national young family’s engagement aspects.
• Developing and working with strategic partners on the national level as set by the IAC CPO, implementing and enhancing partnerships made both nationally and within regions.
• Staff Management – direct supervision of Keshet’s HQ team and professional supervision of the regional Keshet’s facilitators, their selection, training, and performance, and recruitment with HR.
• Community outreaches – Coordinate with the partners’ organizations, leaders, and representatives from other organizations, form new relations and networking opportunities
• Budget Management – maintaining, overseeing and implementing the program’s annual budget.
• Marketing and PR – Working together with IAC marketing team, oversee website and social media tools, create marketing materials with the programs creative staff , promotions, and national campaigns, distribute through schools
• Working closely with the IAC national conference team to help coordinate Keshet’s content for the conference among other responsibilities
• Event Management - professionally plan and manage Keshet national events.
• Produce guidelines, content and tools for national family events in the regions.
• Participating in national programs’ staff retreats and seminars as needed.
• Master’s degree (in Jewish Studies or related areas) a plus, with a minimum 5 years of related
• Director job experience
• Hebrew & English FLUENCY REQUIRED (reading/ writing/speaking)
• Excellent management and operational capabilities, ability to lead processes
• Stellar high-level planning and monitoring capabilities
• Strong connection to both Israeli and American identities. Knowledge about its: people, culture, conflicts, history etc.
• Strong background in youth movement as an active leader
• Experience in managing and leading a team.
• Previous experience working with early childhood age is a plus
• Strong social skills and experience in community building.
• Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
• Flexible hours to include work in the evenings and weekends as needed for a regional activity and seminars
• Action oriented and exceptional ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
• • Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a result driven, team oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to travel on occasion