Temple Emanuel’s mission is that: Individuals are inspired to fulfill their Jewish identity and participate actively in our dynamic Reform Jewish religious community.
The Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director is an integral part of the professional team working toward that mission, serving in an administrative and operational capacity to the Congregation and to the Congregation’s Cemetery. The Administrative Assistant will work directly for and with the Executive director in the running of the day to day business operations. This administrative position will be varied and at times a fast paced environment. In addition to regular daily, weekly and monthly administrative functions; assistance with security, facility and building scheduling ensures a smooth, friendly and engaging operation. This position will also assist in the day to day operations of the synagogue’s cemetery, located nearby.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
• Integrity and strong sense of responsibility.
• A positive attitude, collaborative spirit and engaging personality.
• Excellent customer/congregant service skills, i.e. answering the phones, responding to complaints, welcoming potential new members.
• Technology (computer) experience including word-processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
• Attention to detail.
• Able to learn and work with the synagogue database (ShulCloud).
• Strong Organizational skills
• Ability to work with a wide variety of vendors.
• Able to work with diverse staff and congregants.
• Good problem solver.
• Respectful, courteous, good team player.
• Ability to multi-task
• Good Listener
Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer phone calls, messages and questions for the Executive Director.
• Take care of correspondence, arrange meetings and schedule of Executive Director.
• Control the Calendar and administrative functions of the Board of Trustees, and the various subcommittees and task forces.
• Arrange for service calls for building or machine maintenance concerns or repairs.
• Keep office machines in working order and arrange for service person if needed.
• Help with administration and staffing for special events and holidays.
• Monitor and maintain the Eagle Eye Network (the security cameras) and the various alarm systems throughout the building.
• Coordinate the schedules of the security guards.
• Walk entire building to retrieve Lost and Found items.
• Maintain the published weekly Temple Emanuel Schedule.
• Fill out and maintain the Interment Operations at Emanuel Cemetery and coordinate with Fairmount Cemetery (along with the various funeral homes).
• Keep and maintain plot selection at the Cemetery.
• Organize and monitor ongoing maintenance issues at the cemetery.
• Review and approve monuments in coordination with Fairmount Cemetery.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director; sell cemetery plots.
• Filing of cemetery paperwork.
• Monthly basis – verify and check all cemetery paperwork; update spreadsheet.
• Answering phones at front desk on a regular basis
• Other duties as assigned.
Full-time Status: Exempt – Salaried Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director
Salary Negotiable and commensurate with experience; Good benefits package