The Aleph institute is a national nonprofit Jewish faith-based organization that has operated for more than 36 years providing social, humanitarian and faith-based services to individuals who are incarcerated, as well as their families, and to people serving in the United States armed forces. Our programs cover an array of constitutional and religious services for all members including family and children's services, at-risk intervention programs, and alternative sentencing based on the belief that no individual should be alone or forgotten. We are a proponent for the reformation of the criminal justice system and the reduction of recidivism rates through alternative sentencing methods and reentry services. Please see more about our organization at www.aleph-institute.org and about Project Tikvah at www.projecttikvah.org
The Communications Manager will work closely with staff and leadership to oversee all communications, with the goal of managing the flow of information between Aleph and its partners, members and supporters, as well as the general public. As the central hub for communications, the manager will be responsible for overseeing organizational messaging, managing large and small publication needs, and overseeing communication strategies, as well as managing the current content writers on staff. This position is designed for an experienced self-starter, with excellent writing skills, who is able to manage design and production vendors, produce products independently, track various pieces of written collateral, and lead communication efforts across the organization.
• Manage all pieces of content that are produced for the organization and – utilizing that content – develop and produce email newsletters and other correspondences for donors, partners and other constitutions.
• Work with a designer to produce marketing materials for print publication including brochures, and magazines, utilizing collected written content.
• Work in conjunction with programming and development departments to create content for social media and fundraisers
Qualifications and Skills:
• Innovative, flexible and self-starter
• Can-do attitude
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented
• Excellent people skills, with experience in collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team environment
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to The Aleph Institute’s mission
• Strong and effective problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of both Jewish and mainstream media
Location: Remote available
The Aleph Institute is an equal opportunity employer.