Capital Camps & Retreat Center (CCRC), a non-profit Jewish camping and retreat organization, is seeking a full-time community engagement and retreat sales director to join the team.
CCRC provides enriching, summer overnight camp and year-round retreat services to children, families and organizations primarily from the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia areas. The agency’s office is located in Rockville, MD, and the camp and retreat center are located in Waynesboro, PA.
CCRC is affiliated with the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore, JCCA (Jewish Community Center Association), ACA (American Camp Association), FJC (The Foundation for Jewish Camp), and JCamp 180 (a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation).
• Embrace and enhance the reputation and profile of the Capital Retreat Center in the Greater Washington and Baltimore Region.
• Meet established goals for retreat business through renewals and new client contracts.
• Utilize refined strategy to generate new retreat sales with an emphasis on the Greater Washington and Baltimore Jewish community, as well as Northern Virginia
• Strategically sell retreating options to agencies, schools, congregations and companies of varying size and needs.
• Develop relationships with Community partners resulting in new business opportunities.
• Provide information to retreat clients to support and enhance programming goals.
• Achieve/exceed annual budgeted sales goals by performing direct sales while developing new accounts and maintaining existing clients.
• Maintain positive customer relationships and ensuring timely responses to all inquiries for space and service needs.
• Transition sales to the on-site Client Service Team to execute contracts and retreats.
• Manage the marketing of the Retreat Center on the website and social media, in coordination with Communications & Marketing Assistant.
• Utilize Retreat database system to track retreat bookings, revenue, and expenses.
• Analyze data to guide decision making process regarding agency strategies.
• Prepare sales reports to guide business decisions.
• Meet with potential retreat clients to understand their agency goals and determine best partnership opportunities.
• Provide tours of the Retreat Center to potential clients.
• Occasional sales calls requiring regional travel expected.
• Participate in Agency events, staff meetings, committee meetings and BOD meetings.
• Report to Chief Operations Office and staff the Retreat Committee.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the Baltimore/Washington DC Jewish Community preferred.
• Superior quantitative, oral and written communication and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Previous experience with data base systems.
• Ability to travel regionally to meet with prospective cliental.
• Actively participate and reside in local Jewish community.
• Dynamic, energetic and exceptionally detail-oriented.
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Highly-organized, capable of responding efficiently and effectively to a variety of requests.
• Committed to an ongoing process of growth and development.
• Strong references demonstrating prior experience and competency.
• Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
• Full benefits include vacation, holiday, sick and personal days.
• Medical/Dental insurance, as well as 403(b) retirement plan with match available.
• The Director of Community Engagement and Retreat Sales is supervised by the Chief Operations Officer.
• The Director of Community Engagement and Retreat Sales is expected to meet with key retreat clients in Waynesboro throughout the year.
Salary: starting at $95,000, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to Ron Siegel, Chief O***********************