A vibrant conservative Synagogue in Westbury, New York is seeking a qualified and experienced person for the part time position of Synagogue Office Administrator.
The Administrator is one of the primary front-line contacts with both the Temple members and the community at large. Key responsibilities include office management, financial / membership management and overseeing facilities management.
The right person will be an enthusiastic and detail-oriented professional with excellent computer, database, organizational, and communication skills. The individual should be able to multi-task and work independently.
Principal duties include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
General office management
• Interact daily with congregants, staff, and members of the larger community
• Administrative support to clergy and staff
• Maintenance of membership records in Chavaware synagogue management system
• Coordination and implementation of various forms of congregational communication
• Front Desk Reception, including answering/directing incoming communications (phone, mail, email), managing the front door, receiving walk-in visitors, providing timely responses to inquiries/requests
• Provide direct support, as needed, for clergy’s congregational and community activities
• Prepare, receive and process monthly and annual statements
• Receive incoming payments and properly post to member accounts in Chavaware and Quickbooks
• Processing check deposits and credit card payments
• Maintain vendor records, receive incoming bills, enter bills into Quickbooks
• Process checks weekly to ensure timely payments of salary and bills
• Management of newsletter advertising
• Oversee tasks related to the management of the building and grounds
• Ensure facility supplies remain at required levels
We are looking for someone who can feel comfortable in our organization and become a valuable and contributing member of the team. We offer a warm, inviting community and a positive working atmosphere that champions creativity.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills (written and oral)
• Ability to act in a proactive and anticipatory manner
• Attention to detail and accuracy; experience with proof-reading
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work with sensitive information/situations and maintain strict confidentiality
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications including MS Office suite
• Experience with CRM software, preferably synagogue related (Chaverware)
• Experience with Quickbooks
• Experience with Judaic practices and rituals preferred, but not required.
Duration: Part-time, 20 - 25 hours per week
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
Job Type: Part-time