• The part-time Administrative Assistant to Clergy position requires a highly motivated and passionate team player, with a talent for administrative duties.
• Assistant will understand, communicate, and work to achieve the mission of the organization, while focusing on support of clergy.
• Administrative Assistant will report to the Rabbi. Temple Emanuel’s staff and lay leadership pride themselves on collaboration.
• We seek to infuse quality Jewish learning in everything we do.
• We value warmth, intelligence, creativity, and collaboration.
Ideal Qualifications of our Administrative Assistant:
• Be a collaborative partner, engaging professional and a reliable communicator with congregants, Board and staff
• High School Diploma with 1-3 years of office administration experience or in a related field.
• Experience with or willingness to learn about Jewish traditions and practices, particularly those of Reform Judaism
Requirements of our Administrative Assistant:
• High emotional intelligence
• Outstanding telephone, email and in-person communication/customer service skills with particular attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to adapt in a fast-paced office environment
• Professional conduct and appearance
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion in a professional manner
• Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and/or willingness to independently improve your current competency
with these programs.
• Advanced experience with ShulCloud will move you to the top of the list.
• Support Rabbi
• Manage appointments and schedules
• Screen/manage and return phone calls for Rabbi
• Process Rabbi’s receipts for Finance office
• Satisfy random requests for information or assistance from current or former members
• Photocopying, filing, and retrieval of paper and electronic resources
• Ritual administration, including lifecycle event logistics in coordination with Bar/Bat Mitzvah Coordinator
• Assist with Rabbi-initiated programming
• Administrator of Introduction to Judaism courses; communicate with students in other classes Rabbi teaches
• Specific ordering, RSVPs, bookings
• Information-gathering and information-monitoring skills, as well as excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills
• Assist in event planning, particularly religious, music, and caring community (see below)
• Key administrator on certain events
• Coordinate High Holy Days member honors
• Prepare pulpit announcements
• Assist clergy with correspondence, both recurring and periodic
• Prepare materials for services and events
• Build and maintain relationships with member and prospective member families
• Create and work with “caring community” programs such as meal distribution to those with health needs, or with death in family
• Call to check in on sick/elderly/recovering congregants
• Assist in outreach to greater community and Jewish community
Other duties as assigned or created
• This position’s ideal hours are undetermined. Our Administrative Assistant would work approx. 20 hours/week on-site with consistent hours as determined by Admin and Rabbi, currently suggested hours are 12:00-5:00pm, Tuesday through Friday but we are open to working with the right candidate's schedule. (This is completely negotiable!)
• Salary commensurate with education, certifications and experience but range is $20+/Hour.
For more information and to apply please email resume and cover letter to Managing Directo******************************