Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Staff Accountant, Fundraising.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance the Senior Staff Accountant, Fundraising is responsible for all accounting and record keeping for campaign, event and sponsorship revenues raised through CJP’s annual and special campaigns. In addition, this position is responsible for all aspects of online giving related to community campaign, annual campaign, events and sponsorships.
• Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries to record event revenues and receivables. Responsible for recording and tracking event collections and billing for outstanding balances.
• Responsible for preparing weekly journal entries and reconciliations for all revenues and receivables related to annual and special campaigns, event sponsorships and billing for outstanding sponsorship balances. Requires special attention to temporarily and permanently restricted receivables and revenues that are raised for endowment, restricted purposes and for future years.
• Responsible for daily monitoring and processing of online donations. This entails data verification, communicating with appropriate staff in the Data, Strategy, and Insight (DSI) and Development departments, and judgment decisions on a case-by-case basis regarding campaign year, application, and appropriate donor account.
• Responsible for ongoing collaboration with Information Technology (IT) and DSI departments, including to continually identify, establish and implement improvements for automation to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and donor satisfaction.
• Responsible for preparing accruals of directed gifts and the tracking and record keeping of these gifts being paid from existing accruals. Record adjustments to designated giving accruals as appropriate.
• Responsible for all year end audit schedules and analyses related to campaign receivables and the related reserve accounts. Also responsible for the yearly net present value calculation prepared at year end for CJP’s campaign receivables due in future years.
• Provides supplemental one-on-one training to administrative assistants who are responsible for event registrations and any event-related payment processing.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• BS/BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent knowledge experience.
• 4-6 years of related general accounting experience.
• Experience in automating accounting processes.
• Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Advanced information system literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong logic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Aptitude for detail, accuracy and follow through.
• Proven track record of managing multiple priorities and meeting goals and deadlines
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
• Working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM preferred.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3627298
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.