Shorashim Preschool Academy is looking for a motivated and talented Assistant Director. The school is a collaboration between Schechter School of Long Island and housed within the beautiful Old Westbury Hebrew Congregation.
Shorashim is proud that our “roots” have grown during this successful first year and we are expanding our enrollment beginning in the fall.
The Assistant Director, in conjunction with the director, will:
• Work with the director and the teachers to establish, evaluate and revise the curriculum.
• Plan, develop and market new programs.
• Develop a marketing plan with established branding.
• Initiate professional development programs for the staff.
• Serve as instructor for Parent and Child classes and/or programs for our youngest children.
• Create and maintain positive environment for enrolled and perspective families.
• Oversee thematic and progressive curriculum for each age level.
• Keep up on developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.
• Have a well-developed philosophy of Jewish Early Childhood Education.
• Assume all the director’s responsibility in the absence of the director.
• Conduct tours and provide families with information about the program.
• Plan and coordinate after school enrichment programs.
• Plan and coordinate joint programming between Schechter Schools of Long Island and Old Westbury Hebrew Congregation.
• Plan and coordinate Jewish holiday and Shabbat programs for Shorashim families.
• Learn regulations and procedures necessary to maintain licensing with the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, temple events and parent programs.
• Degree in Early Childhood Education
• Computer Literacy
• Experience in Jewish Early Childhood setting
• NYS Licensed Early Childhood Educator
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Early Childhood setting
• Understanding of Jewish values and traditions