Make your mark by joining the Administration and Building Operations Team at Hillel International. We are seeking a skilled customer-service professional that takes an active hands-on approach in support and delivery of administrative and building services and identifies and responds effectively to customer needs while addressing longer-range priorities. You will collaborate with a dedicated team responsible for ensuring a safe, secure, and efficiently run building and leased workspaces nationwide. The Senior Associate reports to the Director of Administration and Building Operations, with the added benefit of working closely with Hillel International’s Strategic Human Resource and Finance teams.
What You’ll Do
- Administrative Services: Provide a broad spectrum of administrative and operational logistical support to Hillel stakeholders and Affiliates, including, but not limited to, drafting policies and procedures, onboarding logistics, centralized procurement functions and reconciliation, document management and archives, Affiliate insurance coordination and related functional support, Affiliate operational cohort group scheduling and collaboration, and other general administrative activities as appropriate.
- Building and Space Management: Provide broad coordination and support in managing the Hillel International building and lease portfolio which includes coordination of facilities management and vendor support, copy and mailroom services, manage building work orders, lease and invoice administration, emergency response planning, floor warden and mass notification support, and providing logistics for restacking and coordinating of workspace hoteling.
What You’re Great At
- Working well with others and being able to communicate and engage with a multitude of stakeholders: colleagues, tenants, vendors
- Being a team player and tackling all tasks, no matter how big or small
- Understanding and anticipating needs, being proactive
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment which entails prioritizing among multiple projects simultaneously
- Staying organized and remaining calm when unexpected situations arise
- Managing relationships with various internal and external partners
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Previous work experience in facilities and building operations management, preferably 2-4 years
- Previous experience in lease and invoicing administration and managing vendors
- A customer service oriented approach to your work
- Physical ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Professional etiquette in both written and oral communication
- An eye for detail and pride in the quality of your work
- A desire to learn and grow while working hard in an exciting, fun office environment
What You’ll Get Out of It
- Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, unlimited vacation, generous sick time, and parental leave.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace - salary range of $48,000-$60,000.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Independent and hands on work in an exciting environment
What We're About
Hillel International is the largest Jewish campus and community-based organization in the world serving the college-age population. Working with hundreds of thousands of students globally to help Jewish students make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel, Hillel serves students at more than 550 colleges, universities and communities. Hillel meets all of these students during this most formative time of their lives and engages, educates and inspires these future leaders to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. This position is part of the Global Leadership team which is the main fundraising department of the organization.
About Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel's Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.