The Jewish Federation of Louisville is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Louisville Jewish Community. With an Annual Campaign of $2.0 million dollars, the Federation supports and enriches the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world. We provide funding to a number of local and regional agencies, many national and overseas partners, and numerous independent programs that provide deeper connection and facilitate a vibrant local Jewish community.
The Jewish Federation of Louisville seeks a creative and dedicated leader. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating connections that promotes Jewish identity and engagement with members of the Jewish community within the ages of 22-40. Working closely with colleagues on the Philanthropy team, the candidate will identify and steward targeted individuals for community connection, leadership development and succession planning.
Our Philanthropy team has adopted a focused approach to community outreach, leadership and succession planning. Together with innovative leadership and strategic vision, the future of this department will be influenced and expanded by the successful candidate. Goals will include:
40% Outreach & Engagement
• Develop initiatives, manage events and create programs designed to continuously engage members of the target populations, collaborating with our internal departments, community agencies and temples/synagogues
• Mentor, lead and supervise a team of volunteers
• Partner with the Marketing department to create and implement a multi-pronged marketing campaign, including all aspects of social media, creative branding and design, and an interactive website
25% Activism & Social Justice
• Engage young adult through social activism meeting them where they are
• Determine a relevant and real time content to educate and connect
• Serve as organizational spokesperson on activism issues
• Develop and maintain partnership with collaborators in this area
• Develop and implement a campaign plan specifically for donors designed to increase revenue for the community
• Educate young Jewish adults in understanding the need for making a meaningful gift to the Annual Campaign
15% Leadership Development
• Work closely with team members to expand and administer Leadership Development Programs
• Develop and manage a process that identifies, educates and places young adults into appropriate leadership positions within JCL
• Promote Jewish learning and knowledge as important elements of Jewish leadership and provide for Jewish learning opportunities
Assist with general campaign and other Federation efforts as determined by organizational needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required; advanced degree preferred
• Five+ years professional experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, event planning, project management, leadership development, engagement or programming preferred
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to effectively use social media
• Team player, yet ability to work independently
• An engaging personality, a commitment to follow through and detail oriented
• A strong commitment to the Jewish people
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
Meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office, time in the field engaging with community members is a must. Expectations include presenting a professional appearance and behaving in a professional manner at all times, as it will interact with program participants and donors of all levels.
Physical demands are primarily limited to operating general office equipment and tasks associated with event and program planning.