Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator plays a key role in Temple Sinai’s staff and reports to the Program Director. They oversee all external communications, facilitate effective internal communications, and help advance Sinai’s vision and values through effective communications.
The coordinator is responsible for leading our in-house and freelance communications team, project managing a high volume of digital, print, internal, and external communications and PR initiatives, and helping to articulate and implement an ongoing communications strategy for the synagogue.
This is a demanding, but rewarding, position. You will work on a small staff with close- knit community of dedicated volunteers and lay leaders. Hours are flexible as long as the work gets done.
In order to meet these objectives, the coordinator will:
- Develop and maintain clear and consistent messaging, branding, and standards of excellence at all levels and across all mediums.
- Serve as a trusted resource and in-house communications expert, able to both think critically and do what needs to be done, working closely with other departments and lay leaders.
- Review, strengthen and enforce established communications workflows and processes already in place.
- Create and produce both print and digital marketing materials (invitations, booklets, posters, directory, newsletter, postcards, brochures, letterhead, flyers, ad tiles and other projects.)
- Design and send weekly eblasts, other electronic communications, and other print, electronic and social media-focused marketing.
- Responsible for website management and maintenance, including program calendar, and creating event/registration pages.
- Establish clear benchmarks for success, evaluating the institution’s progress, and provide regular reports to the program director.
- Responsibly manage the communications budget.
- Create and exemplify accountability.
- Create marketing materials in Canva for events/programs.
- Regularly post relevant content on Social Media
- Responsible for writing and circulating press releases, media invitations, and writing/submitting articles to Jewish News and other local news sources.
- Create agenda and run weekly communications team meetings.
- Prepare and manage master marketing calendar, mapping out spreadsheet of anticipated deliverables and deadlines.
- Work as liaison between staff and VP Development to ensure sponsorship lists are maintained and recorded.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years marketing/communications experience preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, ongoing projects effectively.
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated to find answers and solve challenges.
- Ability to take the lead, working independently or as part of a team.
- Gets along well with others.
- Working knowledge of Canva, Jotform, Freshdesk, Microsoft and Google products. Experience in databases, especially Shulcloud, a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of best practices for all major social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- *Willingness to work until the job is done. This position will require occasional work after hours and on weekends.