Sageview Consulting, an Executive Search and HR Consulting company, is partnering with the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey with their search for a Sr. Accountant and Payroll Administrator.
ABOUT THE JEWISH FEDERATION OF NORTHERN NEW JERSEY
Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey is a non-profit philanthropic organization dedicated to creating a vibrant Jewish community in northern New Jersey. Federation cares for those in need, deepens engagement in Jewish life, and strengthens the bonds among Jews in the northern New Jersey area, in Israel, and around the world. Its primary functions are community planning and allocations, financial resource development, and leadership development.
The Senior Accountant and Payroll Administrator is responsible for reviewing & reconciling various general ledger accounts, assisting in the month-end close process, managing the payroll process, and administering benefits for Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey and other client agencies as needed. In this capacity, the Senior Accountant and Payroll Administrator is a critical team player in the day-to-day processing of accounting duties within the finance department. To ensure success, the Accounting Administrator should possess strong mathematical and analytical skills, superb attention to detail, strong technical Excel skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to process a high volume of finance-related data swiftly and accurately.
• Reconcile all bank accounts, researching and resolving all issues in the process.
• Extract donor activity from donor database and upload to general ledger.
• Reconcile receivables and revenue general ledger accounts.
• Prepare monthly schedules for prepaid and accrued expenses and record journal entries.
• Prepare and record payroll and benefits journal entries.
• Maintain and reconcile fixed assets schedule.
• Provide proper coding for various invoices.
• Reconcile all GL accounts related to payroll, benefits, accrued and prepaid expenses and resolve any out of balance discrepancies.
• Reconcile all due to / due from inter-company accounts and resolve any discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for state and county grant funding, review grant-funded program invoices, track grant funding and maintain grant budget.
• Ensure all grant funding is billed in a timely manner and follow up with institutions if payments are not received.
• Update supporting organizations’ investment activity schedules on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and update CGA Reserve schedule on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and update Endowment Custodial trust accounts on a monthly basis.
• Review balances daily and save ACH/wire deposit information.
• Prepare monthly cash reports.
• Set up new payees and wire/EFT payments online.
• Prepare 1099s for the organization.
• Maintain state filings for multiple entities.
• Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
• Gather financial and payroll records for annual audit.
• Support external auditors as necessary.
• Prepare audit confirmations for mailing.
• Assist other departments with accounting report requests.
• Prepare pre-grant inquiries for Controller’s review.
• Other relevant responsibilities as required.
• Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll.
• Maintain payroll system with employee changes and track employee time off.
• Maintain accurate employee files and ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
• Administer benefits - review healthcare provider invoices, monitor and reconcile COBRA and other employee-related exchange accounts.
• Manage and process unemployment, disability, workers compensation and FMLA claims.
• Oversee regulatory reporting for payroll, benefits, and retirement plans (5500).
• Prepare census reports for healthcare benefits program, retirement plans and Worker’s Comp, as required.
Manage new hire process for all payroll and benefits related tasks, including preparing offer letters, running background checks, setting up payroll and benefits enrollments, and training new hires on how to use the payroll system and access their benefits.
KEY CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a degree in Accounting preferred.
Minimum of 3-4 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Minimum of 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience.
2 years of experience in the non-profit industry is preferred.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office – advanced Excel knowledge (using financial formulas and analyzing large data reports).
Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining accuracy.
Must be able to be entrusted with confidential information.
Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening and customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate and work well with others to complete tasks.
Must possess strong analytical skills and be able to work independently.
Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender (including pregnancy), marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|