itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every itrek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 19,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 20-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble startup. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
This role is perfect for a marketing and communications leader who loves a blend of hands-on creation combined with overseeing the work of an evolving staff team plus vendors. Reports to the co-founder & CEO, this recently enhanced leadership role expands the robust itrek brand strategically and tactically. Works with the team to create the branding strategy and translates the vision into a robust marketing plan with budgets, deadlines and deliverables. Upholds the itrek brand in all communications, strengthens our voice with varying audiences, and plays a significant role in content development and editing.
Brand Strategy: Partners with key organizational leaders to understand marketing needs, strategic goals and intended audiences (e.g., individual donors, institutional funders, participants, international partners, press). Designs and implements strategies for deepening engagement with our core audiences and new contacts, and generates ideas for audience growth. Builds and maintains strong, collaborative partnerships with department leaders to maximize team input.
Marketing Production: Develops and oversees production of all print and digital communications including promotional videos, graphics, program materials, development collateral and organizational brochures.
- Develops innovative, informative and engaging copy for a wide-range of audiences and formats.
- Ensures meticulous editing and proofreading of all work and alignment with brand identity and voice.
Social Media Management: Works with the marketing team to build a strong social media presence and following. Oversees team implementation of social media ideation, content creation, production, posting, online conversations, and real-time events across social networking platforms.
- Oversees a dynamic social media marketing plan that actively engages the global community, develops brand awareness and manages itrek’s online reputation.
- Oversees all associated analytics and reporting and adjusts plans to leverage the most successful approaches.
- Works with the overall team to share best practices and elevate social media skills in all positions.
- Ensures the website tells the itrek story and captures our culture. Content should effectively reflect itrek’s mission, vision, and programs. Workflow should be actively managed so updates are made in a timely manner.
- Oversees preparation and distribution of all email campaigns, newsletters, large-scale donor communications, and other relevant communications.
Public Relations: Develops and executes an integrated communications strategy for both the US and Israel that promotes itrek’s mission, highlights our accomplishments and optimizes press coverage in publications relevant to the organization's target audiences. Trains the team on best practices for messaging itrek’s work.
Planning & Marketing Operations:
- Develops and oversees an editorial calendar to ensure integration between all marketing, development and policy activities by planning, creating and scheduling content across various channels.
- Prepares annual and project budgets, monitors spending to stay within approved parameters and prepares relevant reports on marketing performance.
Supervision: Hires, trains, supervises and coaches the professional marketing team. Ensures roles and assignments are clear, a positive team culture is developed, and staff accomplishments are recognized.
Vendor Oversight: Researches, engages and oversees vendors and contractors, ensuring the quality and timing of deliverables and maintaining approved budget levels.
General: Supports other general marketing activities including the development of organization presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; communications, marketing or journalism focus preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in marketing project management
- Prior experience creating cutting-edge marketing materials and overseeing multiple social media channels
- Strong knowledge of Israel and Israel engagement strongly preferred
- Prior staff supervision experience required
- Solid Microsoft Office and G-Suite skills
- Strong understanding of/experience with Salesforce, WordPress,
Wix, Google Analytics, HubSpot, HTML and social media platforms
- Proficiency with project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing strategy to address varying business needs
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills. Experience writing case studies, video
scripts and articles preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, is resourceful, and learns quickly with strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively within a department team and across functions
- Must have flexibility to work nontraditional hours including occasional evenings and Sundays, as needed to address time-sensitive business needs
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k