Human Resources Generalist /Accounting Associate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Provides support in interpreting and implementing Human Resource policies, practices, and procedures and communicates regularly with employees to facilitate problem-solving and resolve human resource issues, including employee benefits issues.
• Ensures all new employees have an excellent on-boarding experience and oversees the off-boarding process for employees leaving the Center.
• Ensures the Center’s compliance with all HR-related Federal, State, and City laws, rules, and regulations. Maintains and updates SCC employee’s handbook regularly.
• Generates and processes all personnel action notices needed to activate payroll and/or employee benefit program changes on time and generates reports requested by management.
• Develops and utilizes the most efficient and cost-effective paperless onboarding process.
• Creates and maintains personnel files on all active and inactive employees, placing all necessary paperwork. Works with staff to collect missing documentation, signatures, and information.
•Assists the Accounting team in all phases of day-to-day detail operations.
• Proficient in standard Microsoft office software and QuickBooks.
• Attention to details and accurate record-keeping a must.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Highly organized, focused, and diligent.
• Able to work with minimal direction; ability to take direction.
• Duration: full-time
•Benefits: paid vacation, sick leave, parental leave, medical, retirement plans, leave early for Shabbat, Life Insurance.